• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Cricket Web Podcast #30 - Winding Jake Up, featuring Peter Miller

cnerd123

likes this
The highlight for me, however, was finally getting to meet Peter Miller at the end of it! Not just that, but I also got his email ID and he said he's happy to come on the CricketWeb podcast sometime :)

#hype
OP delivered

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good stuff as always guys.

Fair points re: succession planning, but I feel like it’s something that sounds easy in theory but is pretty hard to execute. Most of the time for test matches you just have to pick your best XI and if you give young players preference sometimes if they don’t particularly deserve it, then we all cry foul.

Sometimes it falls into place for teams like England. KP’s axing, Bell’s form, Trott’s anxiety etc weren’t a result of succession planning. If they had continued playing England would likely be facing a succession problem as well with Bairstow for example averaging 100 in the CC but not getting games.

On the other hand Ireland had pressure on them to impress the world with every game they played. It’s hard to give chances out to guys in situations like that.

I’ll agree on India keeping their oldies on for a bit too long but even then, they could’ve hardly forced the retirement of Tendulkar without their headquarters being set on fire.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Great listen and discussion of the CT. Really enjoyed it.

I would take issue with Peter's argument that the missing Windies players are primarily why they're such a poor ODI side; even with their 'best' side in they've been a consistently terrible ODI lineup post-Lara.