• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ireland and Afghanistan awarded Test status by ICC

Spark

Global Moderator
Ireland and Afghanistan given Test status

Test Match Special
@bbctms
Big news.

@Irelandcricket &
@ACBofficials granted Test status.

EDIT: :whistling

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pfft. Get back to me when Afghanistan gets cw flag status, then I'll be impressed.

vcs

:D

Good news.

Where do Afghanistan play their home games?

Last edited:

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I wonder how enthusiastic players are gonna be for a tour to Afghanistan?

Congratulations to both though.

cnerd123

likes this
I hope the whole world tunes into watching Afghanistan and Ireland play test cricket. Let's show the ICC that there is genuine interest in cricket played outside of the Big 3 and SA. Maybe then we can get more test playing nations around the world

OverratedSanity

I think an Ind-Afg test may be pretty likely to be their inaugural test ,considering how supportive BCCI have been toward them. I'll definitely try and find a way to attend.