• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official*** ICC Women's Cricket World Cup 2017

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ekta ruined all my evenings as a child. Could be watching cartoons but nooo dumbass saas bahu it is

TheJediBrah

Waqar Younis makes am innocuous tweet suggesting Women's matches could be improved by being reduced to 30 overs

apparently he's being offensive and ***ist

cnerd123

likes this
Waqar Younis makes am innocuous tweet suggesting Women's matches could be improved by being reduced to 30 overs

apparently he's being offensive and ***ist
Well yea, he is. This is the highest level of women's cricket. Why should they play abridged ODIs and not full ones? Just because they're women?

It's not like he's suggesting this for domestic or associate games or something.

Hate to sound like a broken record about MMA, but that's another thing about it that you don't see in most sports - the women compete under the exact same ruleset and in the same conditions as the men. Same 5 minute rounds, same sized ring/cage/octagon, same sized gloves, same refs. Many sports try to make changes for the women's format - reduce weight of the ball, reduced time, heavier gloves, etc etc. And I don't understand why. Just let them play the same game. Why change it. Why make a whole new set of rules and conditions for the women. You aren't helping to promote their sport that way, you're just reinforcing that it's somehow lesser (or at best, 'different') to the men.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Well yea, he is. This is the highest level of women's cricket. Why should they play abridged ODIs and not full ones? Just because they're women?

It's not like he's suggesting this for domestic or associate games or something.
It's not like he said something like "they are too weak and boring to make 50 overs". It was an innocuous tweet, a bit thoughtlessly posted, being massively overreacted to.

Hate to sound like a broken record about MMA, but that's another thing about it that you don't see in most sports - the women compete under the exact same ruleset and in the same conditions as the men. Same 5 minute rounds, same sized ring/cage/octagon, same sized gloves, same refs. Many sports try to make changes for the women's format - reduce weight of the ball, reduced time, heavier gloves, etc etc. And I don't understand why. Just let them play the same game. Why change it. Why make a whole new set of rules and conditions for the women. You aren't helping to promote their sport that way, you're just reinforcing that it's somehow lesser (or at best, 'different') to the men.
*cough*Tennis*cough*

cnerd123

likes this
It's not like he said something like "they are too weak and boring to make 50 overs". It was an innocuous tweet, a bit thoughtlessly posted, being massively overreacted to.
literally first I've heard of this tweet so I don't think it's being 'massively overreacted to'

And why do you think the thought occurred to him in the first place?

TheJediBrah

literally first I've heard of this tweet so I don't think it's being 'massively overreacted to'

And why do you think the thought occurred to him in the first place?
it's all over my facebook, headlines like "waqar makes offensive remarks"

Not so much the players complaining as really just the media taking things out of context and making mountains out of molehills, which is what I'm whinging about. It's getting really annoying.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ahh, classic of its type, person massively over-reacting to what he sees as an over-reaction to something hardly anyone here knew about.

See, if anyone had come in here and said Waqar WAC, I'd understand you dragging this argument in here, of course no one did.

So it's a clear "reaction to political correctness too far", finding outrage to be outraged about, it's just a never-ending circle of ****e.

TheJediBrah

Ahh, classic of its type, person massively over-reacting to what he sees as an over-reaction to something hardly anyone here knew about.

See, if anyone had come in here and said Waqar WAC, I'd understand you dragging this argument in here, of course no one did.

So it's a clear "reaction to political correctness too far", finding outrage to be outraged about, it's just a never-ending circle of ****e.
you're not entirely wrong

outrage is a bit of strong word. It was a reaction to the classic media doing what it does when it's really not necessary or even useful

Last edited:

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Having not seen a single hint of this story in 'the media' so far, I decided to google it.

Two of the top articles are just summaries of quotes by an Australian player saying it was 'a bit offensive' and 'maybe a little misguided'. Oh the horror.

TheJediBrah

Having not seen a single hint of this story in 'the media' so far, I decided to google it.

Two of the top articles are just summaries of quotes by an Australian player saying it was 'a bit offensive' and 'maybe a little misguided'. Oh the horror.
How am I supposed to know how big something is in the media? I literally just go off what facebook tells me to look at.

anil1405

International Captain
England playing with some intent since their opening day defeat. Making a mockery of this strong South African attack.

250-1 (39). Centuries for both Taylor and Beaumont.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Like the amount of flight Poonam Yadav gives to her deliveries. No one does that in men's cricket.