• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official*** ICC Women's Cricket World Cup 2017

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Honestly thought NZ had the ability to win the whole thing. Jeez that's a disappointing result to wake up to. If I knew that would be the winning margin in the match, i'd have sworn it would be NZ on the winning side.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Honestly thought NZ had the ability to win the whole thing. Jeez that's a disappointing result to wake up to. If I knew that would be the winning margin in the match, i'd have sworn it would be NZ on the winning side.
The kiwi chicks are a bloody strong outfit but against England at home, it's a tough challenge. As to last nights match, I'm as surprised as anyone. That's an absolute pantsing

_Ed_

IMO this NZ team is miles better than the one that won us the World Cup in 2000. Obviously I can accept that Australia and England are outstanding teams right now as well, and there would be no shame in losing to either of them in the semi-final or the final. But finishing fifth? Not good enough.

Especially being bundled out for 79 in a virtual quarter-final, and miserable batting performances against all of our three toughest opponents.

vcs

I will be shocked if India beat Australia. They are ridiculously dominant in Women's cricket. Should be Eng vs. Aus final again.

anil1405

International Captain
I will be shocked if India beat Australia. They are ridiculously dominant in Women's cricket. Should be Eng vs. Aus final again.
Yea. Any win from here is like a bonus for us as both Eng & Aus are a step ahead of other teams.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
If Lanning is unavailable it gives India a decent chance of winning. Speaking of India winning, I was very happy to take the $2.50 on them vs. NZ. I'm slightly annoyed I didn't go Raj highest scorer into India win as I expected her to make a good score.

I was also lucky last night picking Hayley Matthews to top score vs West Indies. You don't often win this with a score of just 29.

anil1405

International Captain
South Africa - 79/2 in 21. 250 is a bare minimum to give any sort of fight against the strong English batting lineup.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Smart batting in the chase from Taylor and Knight. Only need singles and just sweeping, sweeping, sweeping towards freedom

Howe_zat

Audio File
I deserved that wicket.

First time I've ever seen a run out given off the lights rather than whether the stumps look broken.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Kapp having a minor meltdown in the 45th over is a handy bonus for us.

Been a very calm partnership after Brunt's pretty poor effort

Howe_zat

Audio File
'she's a gun player, Jenny Gunn!'

He said it! He said the thing!

~

If this were a men's game there would be no end of column inches over the way the SA fielders are stood around yelling at each other. It's hilarious.