• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official*** India in West Indies 2017

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Happy Rahane has done well. Firmly believe he brings stability to the odi side.

On a side note, was quite sure Dhawan would fail today. He is such a waste of talent. If he had put a price tag to his wicket all the time except in specific matches/tournaments he would have had a much better career than he has had so far.

Niall

International Coach
So what do reckon guys?

Yuvraj fails this series and surely that has to be it for him?

I wouldn't have anywhere near the side whatsoever especially in such a series like this, their is younger alternatives who deserve an opportunity over him ASAP.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Happy Rahane has done well. Firmly believe he brings stability to the odi side.

On a side note, was quite sure Dhawan would fail today. He is such a waste of talent. If he had put a price tag to his wicket all the time except in specific matches/tournaments he would have had a much better career than he has had so far.
Think what you want to think and I suspect you will but 63 (59) is not a failure. Don't even bother replying.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So what do reckon guys?

Yuvraj fails this series and surely that has to be it for him?

I wouldn't have anywhere near the side whatsoever especially in such a series like this, their is younger alternatives who deserve an opportunity over him ASAP.
Yeah too much quality now. KL will be back soon. Think he has a lot to prove but he should be a shoe in.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
@Harsh: The first ODI? Did you watch that inning at all? He was just trying to hit every thing, played and missed several times. Was not what you call a responsible inning by any means.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Kohli needs to have a chat with Yuvi and Dhoni now, he has enough of influence and power that he can credibly ask them to retire. I don't see anyone else who can do that and frankly it's needed big time now. As far as batting is concerned, neither of those two provide anything that Pant/KL won't. Dhoni can be asked to stay in the team as a mentor although it might be a problematic arrangement.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Kohli needs to have a chat with Yuvi and Dhoni now, he has enough of influence and power that he can credibly ask them to retire. I don't see anyone else who can do that and frankly it's needed big time now. As far as batting is concerned, neither of those two provide anything that Pant/KL won't. Dhoni can be asked to stay in the team as a mentor although it might be a problematic arrangement.
It's tough to get Dhoni out before 2019 World Cup. I doubt any one has the guts to tell him to get out. If Dhoni wants to, he willl retire. Else I doubt he will be dropped, asked by any one for the same.

srbhkshk

International Captain
It's tough to get Dhoni out before 2019 World Cup. I doubt any one has the guts to tell him to get out. If Dhoni wants to, he willl retire. Else I doubt he will be dropped, asked by any one for the same.
I know he can't be dropped by selectors. That's why I said only Kohli is powerful enough to get that done. I suspect Kohli respects Dhoni too much to actually do it, but as a captain he should because it is in the best interest of the team.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I know he can't be dropped by selectors. That's why I said only Kohli is powerful enough to get that done. I suspect Kohli respects Dhoni too much to actually do it, but as a captain he should because it is in the best interest of the team.
Someone should do to him what he did to the seniors. Not out of spite but because its the right thing to do.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I am not convinced it should be curtains for Dhoni. His keeping was quite good in England and he is very fit. If he plays as a keeper-batsman, it's not that bad.