• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official*** India in West Indies 2017

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good, no free wickets for Ashwin. No doubt he'll clean up in this tournament and then get hammered again when it matters.

Howe_zat

Audio File
The real question is why did anyone schedule this series in the West Indies at this time of year. Complete lack of physic powers being employed has really let down the fans.

Shady Slim

International Coach
drinking game for india threads is go

This would have been the perfect chance to try out really young batsmen. Rest all the old ones and just throw in Sarfaraz Khan, Pant, Kishan, Samson, etc.
shri advocates for sarfraz or pant take a sip

Rahane is so **** against spin it is unbelievable he is an indian top order batsman.
bigcaine complains about something finish your glass

Meh he played crap today. Lots of hits and misses. This is the kind of style which lead to his run of poor scores and being dropped. Hate his attitude.
pratters matter of factly takes a contrarian stance go to your bottle shop buy a bottle of a spirit and scull it

Daemon

The real question is why did anyone schedule this series in the West Indies at this time of year. Complete lack of physic powers being employed has really let down the fans.
It was good planning tbh, check out the interest it's generated. The players get a nice break and we don't need to watch WI embarrass themselves.

cnerd123

likes this
I love how you're still salty about that

England in June is definitely a meme now

vcs

India's opening partnership is having one hell of a run right now.

Too bad they couldn't deliver last Sunday when it really mattered. :(

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Long term, I think we will do better if we get Rohit at 4 and Rahane at the top, over all conditions. As long as we can ensure one of Rahane or Dhawan realize the need to go for quick runs at the top of the order. The more I think of it, a side like this would make me feel so much more confident of our chances in ODIs.

Dhawan
Rahane/Rahul Jr.
Kohli (c)
Rohit (vc)
Pant (wk)
Jadhav/Raina
Pandya
Kuldeep
Piyush / Umesh
Bhuvi
Bumrah/Shami

Jaddu can be in the squad for the fielding but he needs to be told in no uncertain terms that he needs to contribute with the bat and be more consistent with the ball to be a regular.

Daemon

I get that he's a 34 and a woman beater but it's not fair to ignore Mishra.

36 games and 64(!) wickets. Averages 23.9. SR of 29. Economy of 4.7. It's just miles ahead of any other spinner we've tried.

Just because he was incorrectly picked in tests doesn't mean we should bin him.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He is a bottler. And I dont think he would be around for the WC. Also, and I cant stress this enough, he is a negative with the bat and in the field in ODIs. Piyush will actually be an improvement in all aspects.

Daemon

He is a bottler. And I dont think he would be around for the WC. Also, and I cant stress this enough, he is a negative with the bat and in the field in ODIs. Piyush will actually be an improvement in all aspects.
He doesn't do that in ODIs.

His batting and fielding are equal to Ashwin

Piyush is dire

I hate you all

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He doesn't do that in ODIs.

His batting and fielding are equal to Ashwin

Piyush is dire

I hate you all
Knew this was coming ever since you wrote that post saying you like Pratters these days. :laugh:

And no Ash is bad in the field but Mishy is worse. Ash was good at least in the slips. And with the bat, Mishy is strokeless whereas Ash has actually improved his big hitting from the 20% it used to be to about 40-50% of the international standard expected from #8 or 9. And Piyush was in the WC winning squad. :p

Daemon

Sounds like it was a really good innings. Sucks that we have 4 solid opening choices but the middle order is a slight issue.