Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Road to 2019 World Cup (India)

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend zorax's Avatar
    If MSD doesn't retire soon then he's hanging on till 2019

I expect that, come 2019, the pool of batsmen we'll be constructing our top 7 out of will be Nohit, Dhawan, Rahane, Kohli, Pandey, Jadhav, Raina, Yuvi and Rahul Jnr. Who actually ends up in there and in what order is yet to be seen. Kohli will be at 3, and MSD at 4 or 5. Hardik should be the allrounder of choice, Jadeja is definitely playing, Ashwin is probably playing, and our seam attack will be some combo of Bhuvi/Bumrah/Yadav/Shami. Maybe Ishant in case of an injury crises or something. Mishra/Kuldeep the third spinner. Outsiders who may have broken through by then are Pant, Suryakumar, Dhawal Kulkarni, Yuzi Chahal, Krunal, and possibly Washington Sundar/Mahipal Lomror/Sarfraz Khan

Ideally I'd like to see MSD retire, Pant take the gloves, Lokesh opening with one of Dhawan/Nohit/Rahane, and Padey be a lock at 4. Ashwin should be dropped and re-earn his place as a bowler. He defo needs time off. Kuldeep to be groomed for 2019 while Jadeja gets to be the frontline spinner. Chahl stays in the mix. Mishra is good but he definitely falls apart too quickly, not sure I'd trust him in KO games either. Sarfraz Khan and Surykumar Yadav get blooded in to add some firepower to the middle order.
    Check out The Cricket Web Podcast!

The Cricket Web Podcast #33 - I Just Wanna Talk About Vernon Philander

iTunes
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    If only Kane Richardson had played some HK domestic cricket before his ODI debut.
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Kennedy View Post
    The Hong Kong Blitz is better than the IPL.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend honestbharani's Avatar
    I posted a side without Yuvi as well but for some reason folks seem to think that is ok..

I am obviously assuming both wont be around for the 2019 World Cup. Its as simple as that. Just talking from a composition PoV, the side you would want ideally for LO cricket will be

1 dashing opener
    1 of your best batsmen who can open
    your best batsman
    your second best middle order batsman who should ideally also be able to bowl a bit or keep
    MO batsman who can also bowl or keep
    batting all rounder
    all rounder
    bowling all rounder
    bowler who can bat
    bowler
    bowler

Now ideally you want amongst your bowling options 2 or 3 spinners max. And given all our batsmen who can bowl end up bowling spin, you get two of them already in the side. And again with 4 seamers, you want at least two of them to be able to bat. Bhuvi's batting ability in ODIs is the same as Ashwin. Theoretical more than practical. So if I am going for a XI like this and I again leave MSD and Yuvi out, I will probably go...

Dhawan
    Rahul (wk)
    Kohli
    Rohit
    Raina
    Jadhav
    Pandya
    Jadeja
    Bhuvi
    Umesh/Shami/Bumrah
    Umesh/Shami/Bumrah

Issue will be lack of wicket taking options. Ideally we would find space for Kuldeep there to be the attacking spinner but with all of our other batsmen unable to contribute with the ball and our other bowlers unable to contribute with the bat, Jaddu ends up staying in the side by default anyways.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by harsh.ag View Post
    What I expect to see happen is him playing. What I want is for him to be asked to retire.
    Well said.

U19 Debutant
    I don't really see Dhoni retiring any time soon, shame, I really want to see Pant rise to the challenge.

Has Rahane had a crack opening though? I don't mind the idea.

But not sure Rohit has done enough wrong to get demoted.

The issue is we need some biffer up top, and Rohit wants to take time before he settles in for the shots.. Its about trying to utilize him in the best possible manner but I agree realistically there is no way you can move him out of the opening position. Just a bit of wishful posting on my part.

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Has Rahane had a crack opening though? I don't mind the idea.

But not sure Rohit has done enough wrong to get demoted.
    He did alright in a couple of series where he opened (was one of the few bright spots when he opened on an England tour back in 2011). But Rohit and Dhawan are far superior so it's just not an option.

Probably time we move past Rahane tbh. KL Rahul is long overdue an opportunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**t over your head and get a woolly bull to f**k some sense into you.

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    The reason I back Rahane is that he has improved a lot as a cricketer in last couple of years from what I have seen of him in tests. He has removed so much of his weaknesses like tending to balls outside off etc. As he has failed for a fair while in ODIs I can see why people wouldn't find him attractive as an option. He brings in some much required stability in the batting.

I think Ashwin's problem is approach. He's experimenting for the last one year or two by bowling a negative line in limited overs cricket. Obviously, the experiment is not working out. So, the management needs to tell him that he plays and stays in the WC 2019 team only if he shifts to his previous self and bowls test match attacking line in LO.
    "Cricket is an art. Like all arts it has a technical foundation. To enjoy it does not require technical knowledge, but analysis that is not technically based is mere impressionism."
    - C.L.R. James

Evil Scotsman
    Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    He did alright in a couple of series where he opened (was one of the few bright spots when he opened on an England tour back in 2011). But Rohit and Dhawan are far superior so it's just not an option.

Probably time we move past Rahane tbh. KL Rahul is long overdue an opportunity.
    Rahane wasn't very good in 2011 tbh. Looked that way initially because, Dravid aside, your Test bats gave the impression they'd wandered onto the ground by accident having never seen a cricket ball before. Rahane looked like he might be competent but his actual output was nothing special.

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Ashwin, Yuvi, Dhoni and Rahane have got to make way. There's just no excuse now.
    Shri likes this.

Is Piyush Chawla any good in ODIs? He and Kuldeep will make a good pair for us as LO spinners I feel. AS they can both hit a long ball as well and also bat to international #8 or 9 level

Quote Originally Posted by Furball View Post
    Hope the team bus doesn't rock up in India for the World Cup tbh. Might struggle to get a game.
    Good memories

Quote Originally Posted by Axl Rose
    The internet is a big garbage can

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Evil Scotsman
    Bunch of hillbillies.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Shri's Avatar
    We need a leggie in the XI. Jadeja should find a way to become a better limited overs bowler or **** off. Ashwin should be dropped. Yuvi and Dhoni are done and should stick to failing in the IPL with the occasional flash of brilliance. I don't see it happening but after one more domestic season, we should see if Prithvi Shaw has what it takes in ODI cricket, though he is only a FC player atm(he is an aggressive player). I don't mean he should be in contention for a spot in the 2019 WC but the kid looks like an once in a lifetime talent and might surprise a few people. And Sarfaraz Khan should be given a go before him. There is no shortage of talent but rickety old ****s are blocking progress atm.
    Last edited by Shri; 23-06-2017 at 04:40 AM.
    zorax likes this.
    I am proud of this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Ashwin is like one of those paintings whose eye always follows you around the room. He'd be hell in a court room. The judge and the witness would always think he's lookong at both of them at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    You are basically saying he would have made an amazing lawyer. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    No im saying he's partly cross-eyed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information