• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dhoni, Amla and Bevan as ODI cricketer

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Meh was probably too harsh. I get where you're coming from though. In fact I probably pay much more attention to Amla's ICC event stats compared to other players because of the narrative surrounding his performances in them. I did say he's a great player though, just that tournament performances matter when deciding how great a players achievements are.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Meh was probably too harsh. I get where you're coming from though. In fact I probably pay much more attention to Amla's ICC event stats compared to other players because of the narrative surrounding his performances in them. I did say he's a great player though, just that tournament performances matter when deciding how great a players achievements are.
Sorry , I was not specifically picking on your post, just using it to show what is a general consensus across CW that for LO cricket until you perform in a big tournament you will never be considered an ATG. Which is fair enough, even if I don't totally agree.

OverratedSanity

As I've pointed out before, it's weird kohli doesn't get the same criticism. I don't think he's been that much better than amla in the big games.

vcs

As I've pointed out before, it's weird kohli doesn't get the same criticism. I don't think he's been that much better than amla in the big games.
He's been much better than Amla. Granted, his team performs around him in these events which makes his job easier (for example, our openers set a great platform for him in recent ICC tournaments and our bowlers also generally do alright giving him chaseable totals), but he's well ahead of Amla.

You can only criticize his ODI WC record, his WT20 performances are incredible and CT record is also great.

OverratedSanity

Yeah I was talking about his WC performances so far. Like Amla, it's a decent record but not spectacular.

Been great in the CT though, yes. I think his two innings in the semifinal and final in two low scoring games in the 2013 edition are very underrated.

RK_123

School Boy/Girl Captain
Ab de villiers is the most overrated batsmen in the world.

Cant win his team a single pressure match in a big tournament.