cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Road to the 2019 CWC

The artist formerly known as Monk Red Hill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    I feel like I could come up with 42 variations of the 5, 6, 7 that would be more successful and realistic then what you've named.

Still, you would have got big money on predicting Renshaw Cartwright, Maddinson, Mennie would be Test Cricketers this time last year so I appreciate the call.
    Yeh hard to say really. TBH MMarsh will probably play instead of Cartright
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    Red Hill is the best philosopher the great on the forum.

International Regular theegyptian's Avatar
    Moeen since the last wc. 462 runs @ 21 @ 102.89 sr, 26 wickets @ 57.30, 5.24 econ

Batting records | One-Day Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo
    Bowling records | One-Day Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

It's not good. Ok he's batting 7 so he's not going to have a great average. My problem with his batting is he can't play low risk cricket if it's required. The Pakistan game for instance when you need him to accumulate a solid 40 or 50 to rebuild the innings and he just hacks one to deep mid wicket. His bowling these days is just a defensive thing. It's fine (maybe even good) as a 6th option on a flat wicket, but when you need some wickets or playing on a more favourable wicket he doesn't offer anything.

With all that being said I don't know if there is anyone better to do that specific role. Maybe they should consider replacing him, or slightly changing tactics/ batting order.

Possibly a run outside the team to let him think about his cricket might be good, and give an opportunity to Dawson, Livingstone, or someone else. Or move Woakes to 7.

Quote Originally Posted by morgieb View Post
    Won the most recent one in England ftr.
    Yeah, I mean I'm no one-eyed bogan but they actually did win the last world cup in England so the point doesn't really stand up.
    'It is hard to recall a batsman quite so serene, so unrushed, so unflappable.' Chris Ryan on ... look to the left. Ahhhh.

Master of the house, keeper of the zoo...
    Won the most recent one in England ftr.
    Quote Originally Posted by burr View Post
    Yeah, I mean I'm no one-eyed bogan but they actually did win the last world cup in England so the point doesn't really stand up.
    The point stands up perfectly fine. The WC you speak of was 18 years ago FFS.......I even mentioned performances "over the last decade or so" in my post.
    You flew out to India
    When your country needed you
    Century on debut ,
    What a find.....

Na na na na na na na na na

Ali Ali Cook , Ali Cook , Ali Ali Cook

Na na na na na na na na na

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDpy9JPZH3E

Quote Originally Posted by Adders View Post
    The point stands up perfectly fine. The WC you speak of was 18 years ago FFS.......I even mentioned performances "over the last decade or so" in my post.
    His point was that "Australia win WC's for breakfast".....I don't see how Australia's recent form in England is relevant there.
    RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012
    RIP Hughesy 1988-2014. 63* for eternity.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend honestbharani's Avatar
    Yeah if you can forget the fact that the WC 2019 is to be held in England, its not relevant at all.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    Yeah if you can forget the fact that the WC 2019 is to be held in England, its not relevant at all.
    And Monk's point was that despite poor recent form in the country, Australia tend to play much better at World Cup's.

This is a weird argument.

Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    Is it in June? I hope so! It never rains in June, it's that month where England turns into rainbows and clear skies and you don't want to die.
    zorax, honestbharani and ankitj like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    When I was 14 a friend mentioned to me that using lube was a great way to enhance masturbation. Later that night I snuck into the bathroom, and grabbed a container of what I thought was moisturiser. It turned out to be tanning lotion, rendering both my hands and my gargantuan penis orange for the next week or so.

This video reminds me of that experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    i like many come to cw to briefly escape the pain of mediocre and obscure existence by being mediocre and obscure on the internet.

Master of the house, keeper of the zoo...
    And Monk's point was that despite poor recent form in the country, Australia tend to play much better at World Cup's.

This is a weird argument.
    Agreed this is a weird argument......not that it is even an argument tbh.

Look, to clarify, when Monk made what was I'm sure a tongue in cheek comment about Aus eating WC's for breakfast, my response was intended to indicate that they might just go hungry in 2019 as their record in Eng over the last decade has not been stella. Yes he was quite right that Australia's record in WC's is ridiculous, and yes Steve Waughs team of atg's won it in England in 1999 the last time the comp was held there...........does any of this mean they are walk up favourites for 2019? Not a ****ing chance.

Quote Originally Posted by theegyptian View Post
    Moeen since the last wc. 462 runs @ 21 @ 102.89 sr, 26 wickets @ 57.30, 5.24 econ

Batting records | One-Day Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo
    Bowling records | One-Day Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

It's not good. Ok he's batting 7 so he's not going to have a great average. My problem with his batting is he can't play low risk cricket if it's required. The Pakistan game for instance when you need him to accumulate a solid 40 or 50 to rebuild the innings and he just hacks one to deep mid wicket. His bowling these days is just a defensive thing. It's fine (maybe even good) as a 6th option on a flat wicket, but when you need some wickets or playing on a more favourable wicket he doesn't offer anything.

With all that being said I don't know if there is anyone better to do that specific role. Maybe they should consider replacing him, or slightly changing tactics/ batting order.

Possibly a run outside the team to let him think about his cricket might be good, and give an opportunity to Dawson, Livingstone, or someone else. Or move Woakes to 7.
    Is Moeen's RPO that bad considering the scores that England have been making since the WC - they've generally been very high scoring games. And with Rashid taking the wicket-taking duties over that time, it's not disastrous.

I know what you mean about the batting, but seven is a difficult spot. Think the fact that teams bounce him straight away and he doesn't ever control the hook/pull makes him vulnerable to soft outs.

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Moeen was doing alright as an opener wasn't he?
    vcs likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by weldone View Post
    Wow baby, that gave me an orgasmic pleasure!
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaagarkarajaaja View Post
    All Prasie to Ajit Bhalchandra Agarkar, the pride of Mumbai, the terminator at Adelaide.
    Quote Originally Posted by VoL View Post
    I've joined this forum, just so that i can agree with OverratedSanity...

Not good enough TBH.

International Debutant Shady Slim's Avatar
    that's not a terrible economy considering the english highways tbh
    Shady's XI:
    M Vijay || A Ali || KS Williamson || LD Chandimal (wk) || PSP Handscomb || F du Plessis || MM Ali || VD Philander || TG Southee || HMRKB Herath || JR Hazlewood

#FeelTheVern

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend NUFAN's Avatar
    Is anyone expecting any debutants selected for Australia between now and the World Cup? If so, who?Daniel Hughes and Darcy Short could be bolters maybe. Also any estalished guys likely to be dropped?

What I am going to find interesting is how Gibson phases out bowlers from the ODI line-up to make way for 2/3-in-1 cricketers.
    LILLEE c WILLEY b DILLEY

LAMB c KOURIE b RICE

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information