• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mohammad Sami vs Irfan Pathan

Mohammad Sami vs Irfan Pathan

• Total voters

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Most. Pointless. Thread. Ever.

Because Pathan beats him all ends up in both disciplines.

How the hell can Sami, getting smashed all over the place, be Pathan's equal?

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
Oh shut up Tom you biasedagainstPakistanstupidenglandfan if you'll take a look at the stats then youll see that the averages are pretty much the same except that Sami kills Pathan in one day.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Er....what is Sami's Test Bowling Average?

And what is Pathan's? Pathan's is far from brilliant but it is a fair way above Sami's, plus playing against Australia didn't help.

a massive zebra

International Captain
Tom Halsey said:
Er....what is Sami's Test Bowling Average?

And what is Pathan's?
IK Pathan 5 202 51 608 16 38.00 4-100 - - 75.7 3.00
Mohammad Sami 15 547 100 1831 39 46.94 5-36 2 - 84.1 3.34

Swervy

International Captain
Armadillo said:
Oh shut up Tom you biasedagainstPakistanstupidenglandfan if you'll take a look at the stats then youll see that the averages are pretty much the same except that Sami kills Pathan in one day.
look, you had to expect someone to not go with Sami, that is why you created the poll isnt it???

You cant accuse people of being biased against Pakistan just becuase you dont agree with his/her opinion.

Again, i would say it is a silly poll, becuase they are two different types of bowler..a poll like this just appears to be opening up a big arguement somewhere along the line

a massive zebra

International Captain
Swervy said:
look, you had to expect someone to not go with Sami, that is why you created the poll isnt it???

You cant accuse people of being biased against Pakistan just becuase you dont agree with his/her opinion.

Again, i would say it is a silly poll, becuase they are two different types of bowler..a poll like this just appears to be opening up a big arguement somewhere along the line
You said that about the Murali vs Warne argument we had a while ago. Whats wrong with comparing bowlers of different styles?

Swervy

International Captain
a massive zebra said:
You said that about the Murali vs Warne argument we had a while ago. Whats wrong with comparing bowlers of different styles?
because different styles of bowling respond to different conditions/pitches etc...and also have differing disciplines involved with them.Leg spin is a more attacking form of bowling than off spin...a bowler who bowls right handed at 95 mph is going to perform differently in most conditions to a left handed bowler who bowls medium pace...its almost impossible to compare.

To strip the arguement down you could just go 'who has the best average'...but it really isnt as simple as that..alot depends on the role a bowler plays within his own team etc.

Thats why I feel thse types of Joe Bloggs vs Whatshisname just a waste of time, and are only usually started to provoke a reaction ie.to annoy people

a massive zebra

International Captain
Swervy said:
Thats why I feel thse types of Joe Bloggs vs Whatshisname just a waste of time, and are only usually started to provoke a reaction ie.to annoy people
That was not why I started the Murali vs Warne thread. I wanted to show that if you look at the evidence, Murali was the better bowler. Not to start a flame war.

See your point though.

Swervy

International Captain
a massive zebra said:
That was not why I started the Murali vs Warne thread. I wanted to show that if you look at the evidence, Murali was the better bowler. Not to start a flame war.

See your point though.
it is impossible to say who is better because people can use what ever evidence they consider important to the arguement...to some people it is more important to have a better average..to others it is better to have won more games for your team etc...people have different values and so these types of arguements will never be won by anyone...especially when you are talking about the likes of Warne vs Murali..or another one that raged for a while McGrath vs Akram...no body won, it just wound people up and wasted peoples time, coz no-one was ever going to back down

Mecnun

U19 Debutant
Bit early to judge either never mind compare, but i am willing to settle on Sami if he gets a Beckham haircut.