• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Much Longer Do We Wait Before Declaring Starc As The ODI GOAT?

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would be very close if he maintains his performance for the next 4-5 years. Stats have been out of this world for the era he's playing in.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
that's pretty incredible
Waqar has a slightly higher percentage overall (53% vs 51%) but Starc has a higher percentage of bowled (40% vs 36%).

Those figures are very close and are likely to change over time but it's pretty phenomenal.

Burner

International Regular
The guy can smash the ball a bit as well. He maintains this for a few more years and he's an automatic lock to any AT XI

tobe_ornot2

Banned
Well, if he picks up 300+ wickets and tsill has an average in the early 20s, the same sr and produces late swing and reverse swing, while having to come back through bad form and/or injury, plus battling age and an increasing work load then yes, he can be GOAT. Till that day, Akram, Younis, Murali and McGrath are firmly above him as are a few others.

akilana

International 12th Man
He is not even close to being the GOAT but if he keeps this up for another 5 years then he will be in the same conversation as Wasim, Murali etc for the GOAT title.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Tail is a bit long. I probably would drop McGrath and play Klusener or Symonds in the middle. Yes you won't have the 5 ATG bowlers but I think you need the batting firepower more.
I'd want McGrath, hard call and if I was captaining this team I'd want him every single time. At this point I'd leave out either Starc or Wasim (one LA is enough) and include, as you say, Klusener or Symonds, or Flintoff, Cairns, Kapil etc.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Gonna be interesting to see where Starc ranks in Nufan's new 50 greatest ODI players