• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Brainfades

Furball

Evil Scotsman
In terms of umpire shockers did Khawaja not get an absolute shocker in the 2013 Ashes?

I'm sure there was a dismissal where there was literally no evidence he was out yet the 3rd umpire (Dharmasena IIRC) upheld the original 'out' decision.

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
A clip from the Bodyline series that was posted in the "Historic Footage" thread here a while ago.... the run out starting at 0:52 is pretty brainless.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I thought it highlighted an error in which the 3rd umpire was at fault, whereas this system was in place in order to prevent that from happening. There was multi camera angles, also there was snicko yet the umpire arrived at that conclusion.
Did the Broad decision get as far as the 3rd umpire, or had Aus used up their reviews? Genuinely can't remember.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Waught a cheater. Cheating aussies. Not a brain fade. Cheating plain and simple. Just like Smith and Ponting. Cheats.

91Jmay

International Coach
Waught a cheater. Cheating aussies. Not a brain fade. Cheating plain and simple. Just like Smith and Ponting. Cheats.
This is like the title of one of those YouTube videos Indian fans put up about the early 00s Aussie team.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not sure if this counts as a brain fade or shear ****ery or cheating or whatever. Not only is Gilchrist home when the stumps are broken, the keeper drops the ball and breaks the stumps before it.
1st march Aiwa Cup 1999, third umpire Nandasena Pathirana.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Surely he pushed the wrong button. Or never officiated in a match again.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Doesn't seem to have been any attempt to explain, so probably wasn't wrong button, and continued in internationals for another two years. I really don't see how you can get worse than that though.

Bijed

International Regular
Marnus Labuschagne with a solid enough entry today:

43.4 tossed up very full, driven back to the bowler, Yasir knocks it onto the non-strikers stumps and appeals, and there's a review for a run out. Yasir touched it onto the stumps and Labuschagne didn't ground his bat!! He might be out. He is out! What a mistake. It was driven back so slowly, he barely backed up, just needed to place his bat behind the crease, but didn't before it hit the stumps. That's incredible. 128/8

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
One of the dumbest run-outs I can recall; probably Boon being run out against India in 1991/92 in Adelaide the peak one.