• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW's 50 Best ODI Cricketers of all time - 2017 Edition

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Astle and Dravid have now qualified.

I'll leave it open for another 24 hours - I can't see any glaring omissions.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I was thinking about some decent players who have been overlooked.

Mahela Jayawardene - Andy Flower - Ramnaresh Sarwan - Mohammad Yousuf - Michael Clarke - Mohammad Azharuddin - Ajit Agarkar - Mitchell Johnson - Brad Hogg - Imran Tahir - Courtney Walsh.

Gautam Gambhir - Glenn Turner - Steve Smith - Arjuna Ranatunga - Allan Border - Dwayne Bravo - Moin Khan - Javagal Srinath - Gavin Larsen - Bob Willis - Ajantha Mendis

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Marvan Atapattu - Romesh Kaluwitharana - Jonathan Trott - Shivnarine Chanderpaul - Darren Lehmann - Misbah ul Haq - Thomas Odoya - Irfan Pathan - Anil Kumble - Zaheer Khan - Morne Morkel

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I think that most of the names I've mentioned belong in the conversation though. I'm pretty sure that I could find a worse top 6 out of players selected than my teams. I admit that the bowlers who have qualified are mostly all great.

bagapath

International Captain
As the father of this unholy child NUFAN has the authority to nominate 25 more names.

Mr Nufan. Please release the pool of 125 nominees and invite everyone to send in their top 25 to you.

Just like Mark Nicholas screamed after Virat Kohli caught the last man out in the 2011 Semi Final, "Let the PPParty begin"

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'm going to allow people to name their top 50 if they like too btw. If they nominate 50 the points will go 25, 24.5, 24 23.5 etc if they nominate 25, it will go 25, 24, 23 - unless everyone thinks that is rubbish.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just a suggestion NUFAN - Use surveymonkey. Create a survey with just the one question in the 'ranking' format. Add all the names that make the cutoff and then people can go through it, easily dragging and dropping and rearranging the names as they please. I think you'll get a lot more people involved that way and it'll make the counting process for you really easy.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Just a suggestion NUFAN - Use surveymonkey. Create a survey with just the one question in the 'ranking' format. Add all the names that make the cutoff and then people can go through it, easily dragging and dropping and rearranging the names as they please. I think you'll get a lot more people involved that way and it'll make the counting process for you really easy.
Great idea. I'll give it a go.