• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official*** Afghanistan in West Indies 2017

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tue May 30 (20 ovs) 09:00 local (13:00 GMT | 01:00 NZST 1d)
West Indies Cricket Board President's XI v Afghanistan
Warner Park, Basseterre, St Kitts
Fri Jun 2 (20 ovs) 19:30 local (23:30 GMT | 11:30 NZST 1d)
1st T20I - West Indies v Afghanistan
Sat Jun 3 (20 ovs) 19:30 local (23:30 GMT | 11:30 NZST 1d)
2nd T20I - West Indies v Afghanistan
Mon Jun 5 (20 ovs) 19:30 local (23:30 GMT | 11:30 NZST 1d)
3rd T20I - West Indies v Afghanistan
Fri Jun 9 (50 ovs) 14:30 local (18:30 GMT | 06:30 NZST 1d)
1st ODI - West Indies v Afghanistan
Darren Sammy National Cricket Stadium, Gros Islet, St Lucia
Sun Jun 11 (50 ovs) 14:30 local (18:30 GMT | 06:30 NZST 1d)
2nd ODI - West Indies v Afghanistan
Wed Jun 14 (50 ovs) 14:30 local (18:30 GMT | 06:30 NZST 1d)
3rd ODI - West Indies v Afghanistan
LIVE D/N

_Ed_

Afghanistan batting first in the first T20. Wheels coming off now after a promising start.

_Ed_

Rashid Khan does all the things - top scorer today, with bowling still to come.

_Ed_

Dropped catches, missed stumpings - this could have been very interesting, especially if Afghanistan had scored another 20-30.

_Ed_

146-6 is much better. Hopefully they'll take more of their chances in the field this time.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
These matches are valuable experience for Afghanistan. Hopefully there are many more to come amongst the lower half of the top 10.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Really looking forward to the ODIs. I think they'll suit Afghanistan a bit more (at least relative to the West Indies).

WindieWeathers

International Regular
These matches are valuable experience for Afghanistan. Hopefully there are many more to come amongst the lower half of the top 10.
We're not "lower half" when it comes to the t20 format hendrix :D

Anyway, that was good stuff from the boys. Taylor, Walton and Simmons weren't good enough though. Think we need to get Pooran settled into the side as our first choice keeper as we move forward. Happy to see Roston Chase in the ODI squad but I can't help but puke at the non selection of Narine and Samuels just because they didn't play in our 50 over competition!!!..just pathetic. Our director of cricket, Jimmy Adams, wants that rule abolished and rightly so.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Really looking forward to the ODIs. I think they'll suit Afghanistan a bit more (at least relative to the West Indies).
Yeah why is Rahmat still a juicy $5.50 and not down to below $4.50 to top score in this Afghanistan team, that's what I want to find out tonight.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah he's one of those picks that hasn't quite come on for me, but I've been reasonably impressed with Afghanistan's team selection procedures so maybe he's run into a bit of form?

We'll see anyway.