• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistanis should not give up

Do u think pak shold keep the same team?

• Yes

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • NO

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Should forget about cricket.

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tano

Cricket Spectator
i knw pak did really badelly in the home series against india but i dont think they should be having fights. what i think is that pak has very good players that did not play the series eg. (shahid afridi - saleem elahi - imran nazir - azhar mehmood - abdull razzak).

i think pak should not give any more chances to theire two oppners (IMRAN & TAUFEEQ).

Last edited by a moderator:

chicane

State Captain
Both Farhat and Taufeeq are way better than Shahid Afridi.......besides Farhat scored a century in the Lahore test, so i think the team should stay the same for a while

PY

International Coach
I don't think Pakistan did badly at all. They won one game heavily and lost two heavily. I wouldn't say that was atrocious.

If the game wasn't against India, it would be written off as the same old inconsistent Pakistan IMO. People shouldn't over-react and make wholesale changes.

Maybe a change in attitude is required rather than a change in personnel.

Anyways, welcome to CW and enjoy the discussion. :)

Swervy

International Captain
its just the same old story with pakistan...internal fighting, inconsistancy etc.

Its got to be remembered that Pakistan have one of the worst records at home of all the top test playing teams...i dont know why though, but for the last 5 or 6 years they have lost a lot of series in pakistan.

Mecnun

U19 Debutant
Pakistan should not make wholesale changes however some changes do need to be made. Taufiq Umar and Yasir Hameed need to be 'rested' and other youngsters given chances. Yohana should be dropped.This will send a clear message to these players to actually improve their technique and temprament.

The way the Pakistan team is run certainly needs to be changed and looked at. Bowling and batting coaches. Fitness and fielding coaches. Pakistan cannot just rely on talent but needs to get professional in its approach to international cricket as all the top test playing nation have. No individual is bigger than the team and if to hammer this point home Shoiab needs to be dropped then so be it. Rameez should go as CEO of PCB as he is an honourary member and has other committments, we need someone wholly dedicated to teh Pakistan team. Miandad..I am willing to see him try still, he has alot of offer but he is not conversant with technology and modern coaching methods and to bring Pakistan into the new era of cricket we need all the help we can get. But above all we need to do something about playing as a team and team spirit. Inzama has done a decent enough job as a captain but needs to improve and learn..quickly to become an effective leader of a young team.

rgrds

deeps

International 12th Man
nO! yasir hameed has loads of talent, and just needs to work on his temperament..he made 91 in the first test, and has looked good..and got out plaing a bad shot..he needs more experience

whenever pakistan send back a young\ster to develop, he tends to disappear...there are SO many talented players that have played 1 or2 matches for pakistan and then disappear... they can't afford to let hameed slip into oblivion...my starting XI for pakistan

Tafeeq Umar
Imran Farhat
Yousuf Youhana
Yaseer Hameed
Inzamam ul-Haq
Asim Kamal (very very good...key for the future)
Shahid Afridi (better than razzaq on current form..)
Kamran Akmal (good keeper, shown glimpses of batting class)
Mohammad Sami
Shoaib Akhter (time for him to mature as a bowler and lead the attack..STOP talking bout ripping teams apart..and actually do it CONSISTENTLY)
Umar Gul

now, shoaib is the key..he's the one with the BIG mouth..he is SUCH an inconsistent bowler it's ridiculous... ESPECIALLY against india..sehwag seems to love his bowling...shoaib on his day can kill a team in no time (sharjah vs australia) and then on some day's is the worst bowler in the world (wC match against india)... he is too inconsistent, and NEEDS to get some consistensy into his bowling,because theENTIRE pakistan team relies on him as a bowler...if he's not ready to lead the attack, they should NEVERhave dropped waqar and wasim..because even though they are getting older, they had the capability to lead the attack...

AND WTF IS THi about giving up?? NO1 gives up just because they lost one gay...that is the most ridicoulous thing i've ever heard off! they should come back stronger than ever

bhooth nath

School Boy/Girl Captain
pakistan arent a bad team at all. they are a very talented team with good youngsters. whats sad is that many talented players have had to sit out. players like imran nazir and salman butt, who have been in top-fom in domestic cricket and scoring quickly, have been ignored by the selectors. players like asim kamal are getting their chances at 27.

the reason that pak lost in the 3rd match was due to the same reason that india lost the 2nd test. the pitch was a greentop on the 1st day which helped the bowlers to get the opposition out for less than 300. the batsman, then helped their team take a huge lead as the conditions became better for batting and the other team crumbled under the pressure of a huge 1st innings deficit and also the pitch breaking down on the 4th day again helping the bowlers.

in the 2nd and 3rd test,

1st day - pitch suited bowlers
2nd and 3rd day - pitch suited batsman
4th day - pitch suited bowlers as the pitch broke down.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I was sorely tempted to vote for option 3 myself, but that would have been unfair based upon what people have said about other countries who don't deserve to be playing test cricket. If it was some other team, I might have voted for 'should forget about cricket'

<quack> Australia

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
Come on people how can you say that Pakistan dont deserve to play test cricket, they only lost by one in each series against India and before that they won three test series in a row, they have been playing non stop for more than half a year they must be incredibly tired and they get a well deserved rest after this series, after this rest its another at India.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Er...non stop? Hardly.

They were incredibly poor against India. They are a good side, but have been playing atrociously.

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
What are you talking about!! First Bangladesh, second South Africa, next NZ at home, then NZ away and now India

Swervy

International Captain
i feel that pakistan are a developing side,and are very inconsistant due to lack of maturity (how ever pakistan have been probably the most inconsistant team in world cricket for the last 20 years)

When the bowlers realise that pace isnt everything,and that you need to use your brain sometimes, then the bowling will get better...well more consistant anyway.I do think Kaneria (or however it is spelt) could become a very good spinner

The batting is also a bit up and down as well. The fat Man wont last forever,so they really need someone to step up and join Youhanna as a top class batsman.

The potential is there..but how long do we have to say that before the results improve. The worrying thing for pakistan is that i dont think the talent of the current team does match up to those of the 90's,, or even the late 80's,and those teams hardly won anything either.(apart from a world cup...hahahahaha)

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Swervy said:
i feel that pakistan are a developing side,and are very inconsistant due to lack of maturity (how ever pakistan have been probably the most inconsistant team in world cricket for the last 20 years)

When the bowlers realise that pace isnt everything,and that you need to use your brain sometimes, then the bowling will get better...well more consistant anyway.I do think Kaneria (or however it is spelt) could become a very good spinner

The batting is also a bit up and down as well. The fat Man wont last forever,so they really need someone to step up and join Youhanna as a top class batsman.

The potential is there..but how long do we have to say that before the results improve. The worrying thing for pakistan is that i dont think the talent of the current team does match up to those of the 90's,, or even the late 80's,and those teams hardly won anything either.(apart from a world cup...hahahahaha)
Oh yes I forgot about the regular thumpings they handed out to England.... what was it series wins in 87, 92 and 96 in England itself.

I'd back Pakistan even now to at least draw if not beat in a test series a vastly overrated English side in England.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
jamesryfler said:
Oh yes I forgot about the regular thumpings they handed out to England.... what was it series wins in 87, 92 and 96 in England itself.

I'd back Pakistan even now to at least draw if not beat in a test series a vastly overrated English side in England.

Yup. The had some very good players in those days - especially the bowling attack.

Define 'vastly overrated'. Most rankings seem to have them pretty much on a par with everyone else apart from the top two and the bottom three in tests, about half-way down the list as far as ODI's are concerned. That tends to indicate that there's not a lot in it, and that anyone in that middle tier can beat anyone else on their day. Pretty much reflects what's happening in the real world.

tooextracool

International Coach
Armadillo said:
Come on people how can you say that Pakistan dont deserve to play test cricket, they only lost by one in each series against India and before that they won three test series in a row, they have been playing non stop for more than half a year they must be incredibly tired and they get a well deserved rest after this series, after this rest its another at India.
yes but when they have players who deliberately want to rest in the middle of a decider then really what do u want me to say?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Armadillo said:
Well, there are always going to be some who will say such a thing (I leave you to decide why). Whether those same people are serious is quite another matter.

They did stink in the deciding test against India, though.

tooextracool

International Coach
jamesryfler said:

and perhaps u also forgot their series loss to zimbabwe(1 of 2 teams to lose a test to zimbabwe).....how the mighty have fallen?
pakistan have always been the most inconsistent team with an amazing amount of talent. even now they have the talent to match the best team in the world yet they've never ever been ranked as the best team in the world. looking at some of their players now.....hameed,kamal,akmal,youhanna, sami,kaneria,gul etc are all so very talented, they could build a team around these guys,yet they'll probably be as inconsistent as ever. imran nazir from what ive seen of him is really impressive ,yet somehow he manages to get himself out so often. hafeez played absolutely brilliantly in england and where has he been since?the only real player who doesnt deserve to make the current zimbabwe side even is shahid afridi....yet how many recalls has he got??so what does zimbabwe...errr...pakistan need?they need an imran khan like captain,someone who can make them perform to their potentials and they need a new bunch of selectors.