• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Best Leg Spinner Of Them All?

tobe_ornot2

Banned
I doubt anyone here has seen him play so al lwe can go off of are his numbers and they are good but not great. The reality is, Warne is the greatest leg spinner of all time, played and picked up a lot of wickets on Aussie pitches (Gupte never did) and played through a much longer period of time with consistent world class performances. For my money and someone I can actually see a lot of via the internet, Qadir was the second greatest leggy. His skills and methodology reignited the art on a global scale. Then from my own life time I'd add in good old Stuart MacGill and of course, the wiley, energetic Mushy. The three modern leggies I mentioned probably bowled in the most difficult era for spinners and did so at a world class level.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nice article. I'd forgotten about the insane circumstances in which his career ended. Axed from the team because your teammate hit on the receptionist. Fmd.