• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official*** South Africa in England 2017

Heboric

International Debutant
***Official*** South Africa in England 2017

The tour sort of starts today with the warm up game. Can this get stickied please.

Fixtures

Fri May 19 (50 ovs) 14:00 local (13:00 GMT | 15:00 SAST)
Sussex v South Africans County Ground, Hove

Sun May 21 (50 ovs) 11:00 local (10:00 GMT | 12:00 SAST)
Northamptonshire v South Africans County Ground, Northampton

Wed May 24 (50 ovs) 14:00 local (13:00 GMT | 15:00 SAST)
1st ODI - England v South Africa Headingley, Leeds

Sat May 27 (50 ovs) 11:00 local (10:00 GMT | 12:00 SAST)
2nd ODI - England v South Africa The Rose Bowl, Southampton

Mon May 29 (50 ovs) 11:00 local (10:00 GMT | 12:00 SAST)
3rd ODI - England v South Africa Lord's, London

Sat Jun 3 (50 ovs) 10:30 local (09:30 GMT | 11:30 SAST)
Group B - Sri Lanka v South Africa Kennington Oval, London

Wed Jun 7 (50 ovs) 13:30 local (12:30 GMT | 14:30 SAST)
Group B - Pakistan v South Africa Edgbaston, Birmingham

Sun Jun 11 (50 ovs) 10:30 local (09:30 GMT | 11:30 SAST)
Group B - India v South Africa Kennington Oval, London

Wed Jun 21 (20 ovs) 18:30 local (17:30 GMT | 19:30 SAST)
1st T20I - England v South Africa The Rose Bowl, Southampton

Fri Jun 23 (20 ovs) 17:00 local (16:00 GMT | 18:00 SAST)
2nd T20I - England v South Africa County Ground, Taunton

Sun Jun 25 (20 ovs) 14:30 local (13:30 GMT | 15:30 SAST)
3rd T20I - England v South Africa Sophia Gardens, Cardiff

Thu Jun 29 - Sat Jul 1
South Africa v South Africa A County Ground, New Road, Worcester

Thu Jul 6 - Mon Jul 10 11:00 local (10:00 GMT | 12:00 SAST)
1st Test - England v South Africa Lord's, London

Fri Jul 14 - Tue Jul 18 11:00 local (10:00 GMT | 12:00 SAST)
2nd Test - England v South Africa Trent Bridge, Nottingham

Thu Jul 27 - Mon Jul 31 11:00 local (10:00 GMT | 12:00 SAST)
3rd Test - England v South Africa Kennington Oval, London

Fri Aug 4 - Tue Aug 8 11:00 local (10:00 GMT | 12:00 SAST)
4th Test - England v South Africa Old Trafford, Manchester
Squads

South Africa - ODI Series and Champions Trophy

Hashim Amla (Cape Cobras), Quinton de Kock - wicketkeeper (Titans), Faf du Plessis (Titans), AB de Villiers - captain (Titans), JP Duminy (Cape Cobras), David Miller (Knights), Chris Morris (Titans), Wayne Parnell (Cape Cobras), Andile Phehlukwayo (Dolphins), Kagiso Rabada (Highveld Lions), Imran Tahir (Dolphins), Dwaine Pretorius (Highveld Lions), Keshav Maharaj (Dolphins), Farhaan Behardien (Titans), Morne Morkel (Titans)

England - ODI Series and Champions Trophy

Eoin Morgan (Middlesex, captain), Moeen Ali (Worcestershire), Jonny Bairstow (Yorkshire), Jake Ball (Nottinghamshire), Sam Billings (Kent), Jos Buttler (Lancashire), Alex Hales (Nottinghamshire), Liam Plunkett (Yorkshire), Adil Rashid (Yorkshire) ,Joe Root (Yorkshire), Jason Roy (Surrey), Ben Stokes (Durham), David Willey (Yorkshire), Chris Woakes (Warwickshire), Mark Wood (Durham)

Last edited:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Good work Heboric......been waiting for a thread to start but was too lazy to do it myself.

Really looking forward to both parts of this SA tour. The ODI games will give us a bit of an idea if Eng (and SA for that matter) really are up for the CT, and test series between these two are always great value.

Only tip I've got is that the Saffers won't be taking down an Eng test captain this visit.

Heboric

International Debutant
Good work Heboric......been waiting for a thread to start but was too lazy to do it myself.

Really looking forward to both parts of this SA tour. The ODI games will give us a bit of an idea if Eng (and SA for that matter) really are up for the CT, and test series between these two are always great value.

Only tip I've got is that the Saffers won't be taking down an Eng test captain this visit.
Ha ha, yeah England captain is safe this tour

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This should be great. SA vs. England Test series are usually excellent. Shame we won't have Steyn and AB.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thu Jun 29 - Sat Jul 1

This is nice. More teams should be doing this.

Moonsorrow999

U19 Debutant
Shame no AB and Steyn. At least S.A won't have to resort to the backup for their backup bowlers, AB keeping and have Van Zyl opening. England need a good tour considering Ashes coming up and not having had a great test time recently. Hopefully Hales gets another extended nod in the test team because Philander will have him on toast and it's just funnier than watching Chris Martin bat when he gets exposed.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Could nitpick the inclusion of CT fixtures. :p

I mean, since this will not be the thread for that discussion.
True but thread title does say South Africa in England and the matches are exactly that. I know you werent serious BTW.

This actually is my favourite non Aussie Test series to watch tbh. It is harsh to say but the sub-cont teams generally play a more dour brand of cricket when bowling and I like to see the quicks bowling against batsman who are more familiar with the pitches.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Thu Jun 29 - Sat Jul 1

Haha I was actually going to pick this up and ask if it was a typo or some sort of weird "all England's players are South African" troll post.

Agreed, gun idea.

Heboric

International Debutant
South Africans 289 for 4 (de Kock 104, Duminy 68, Parnell 61) beat Sussex 223 for 9 (Finch 62) by 66 runs. It was reduced to 32 overs each

Thu Jun 29 - Sat Jul 1

Haha I was actually going to pick this up and ask if it was a typo or some sort of weird "all England's players are South African" troll post.

Agreed, gun idea.
Didnt Austalia play Australia 'A' in a couple of games in the tri series they usually had.

Last edited:

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Happy for the counties to put out a 2nd team and give QDK etc some confidence going into the ODI's....

Moonsorrow999

U19 Debutant
Happy for the counties to put out a 2nd team and give QDK etc some confidence going into the ODI's....
QdK doesn't need confidence. His record destroys Buttler's and he's considered a top player. Qdk is like a consistent version of Buttler. It's actually quite frightening how good he actually is. Wish Aus had a keeper half as good as QdK

Furball

Evil Scotsman
QdK doesn't need confidence. His record destroys Buttler's and he's considered a top player. Qdk is like a consistent version of Buttler. It's actually quite frightening how good he actually is. Wish Aus had a keeper half as good as QdK
I don't think a player with the average QdK has despite his 100/innings ratio can be called consistent.