• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official*** South Africa in England 2017

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Maybe it's insurance due to some of them not being 100% fit.

So far I'm more worried about the gulf in quality between Philander and our batsmen than I am about the selection.
Then don't pick all the bowlers who aren't fit. You have Roland-Jones in the background who is plenty capable of stepping in.

Don't sacrifice balance for insurance. How many times has it been proven that bits and pieces doesn't work? We gave a damn good example of it in the winter.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Then don't pick all the bowlers who aren't fit. You have Roland-Jones in the background who is plenty capable of stepping in.

Don't sacrifice balance for insurance. How many times has it been proven that bits and pieces doesn't work? We gave a damn good example of it in the winter.
Sure. I'm suggesting that's why they did it, not that I think it's a good idea.

Spark

Global Moderator
How good is it to have commentators who don't say anything if they don't actually have anything to say

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
More of an empty rant at the situation than at you, apologies.

What would be really funny now is Dawson having a blinder.
No worries, I do it all the time.

As for Dawson, yes that would be funny, but I suspect that a brave but ultimately futile innings of 40, followed by 1 for 90 is rather likelier.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Seems like a lot less effort than what you just did. Plenty of good reasons to not buy one, but cbf doesn't seem to fit here. :p
Yes, you're right. More accurate is that I don't see the value of getting a CricketArchive subscription unless CPL was to come back or something.

Stapel

International Regular
Either blind, or too dumb to wipe his own arse, or simply corrupt.......

What a piece of **** umpiring. Hard to believe.......