• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official*** South Africa in England 2017

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Polite enquiry - should Ali be allowing Broad to face Morkel?

ffs Broad - maybe just staying out there would have been a better idea when Ali is batting so freely? That really is unintelligent batting.

EDIT
And then Anderson takes a single of the last ball of the over.
I know it shouldn't matter when we're over 370 ahead, but it just irks me.

Last edited:

91Jmay

International Coach
So is all the ball scrubbing of the anointed one. I'm sure you can enjoy watching him in the Ram Slam Jam or whatever it's called. Or the IPL whenever it starts. Or the CPL. Or our T20 franchise thing when he inevitably gets a contract there. Or the Big Bash.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Nah disagree. They're out there to smash some quick runs.
I know it's a massively minor detail, but I don't know that Broad swinging at Morkel is the best way to do that.

Anyway, I didn't mean to bicker over it. Let's see how Jimmy plays it against the big man now.

EDIT
Not very long; two balls was all he needed to clean up Broad and Anderson.
Ah well, if SA chase this down then they'll have deserved to win it.

Last edited:

91Jmay

International Coach
Nobody called him a saint... but we have no right to criticize his personal life decisions, that`s for his actual friends and family to do.
Public figures (and anyone to be frank) should and do get criticised for their life decisions all the time. I am not stopping him from making those decisions, I am just saying I think he has made them for reasons I can't respect.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I know it's a massively minor detail, but I don't know that Broad swinging at Morkel is the best way to do that.

Anyway, I didn't mean to bicker over it. Let's see how Jimmy plays it against the big man now.
Haha, not so good.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I`m glad that Morkel got some wickets at the end... he deserved them. Lets see if SA can last the day now...

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I`m glad that Morkel got some wickets at the end... he deserved them. Lets see if SA can last the day now...
Well, some of your guys are definitely due, so who knows.
And if you do still have wickets in hand at close of play, the first hour or so tomorrow could be very tight, before the predicted rain arrives.

91Jmay

International Coach
Need Amla early, I still don't think this pitch is a bad one at all and it won't break up for a while. Seemed to go up and down though in their innings and caused a few near drag ons. Probably should have batted more sensibly this morning, could come back to bite us but unlikely given their line up.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Why not...He royally screwed our team. Deserves all the criticism and more...
Yep is ABdV`s fault that we are struggling and he should do what we demand because... that`s what we want? Screw him he doesn`t deserve a say in his life.

Compton

International Debutant
Need Amla early, I still don't think this pitch is a bad one at all and it won't break up for a while. Seemed to go up and down though in their innings and caused a few near drag ons. Probably should have batted more sensibly this morning, could come back to bite us but unlikely given their line up.
4 50s and no tons after 3 innings suggests that the pitch isn't great, though.