• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official*** South Africa in England 2017

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
They're just not interested, are they.

Some sort of performance related pay might be the only thing that focuses their minds. As it is, too many of them are just way too comfortable. They know their places are safe, so there's no incentive to improve.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is right up there with the worst of England over the last few years and there is lot to choose from.

Spark

Global Moderator
This is right up there with the worst of England over the last few years and there is lot to choose from.
Even in India you usually were in a pretty good place after Day 1 in a lot of the Tests, right? This has just gone badly basically from the moment Amla came in on the first morning.

Kirkut

International Regular
That ball to Root from Morris reminded of Shoaib Akhtar's first ball in test cricket to Tendulkar. Beast of a delivery!

Pothas

Even in India you usually were in a pretty good place after Day 1 in a lot of the Tests, right? This has just gone badly basically from the moment Amla came in on the first morning.
Would say it was fairly even at lunch on day two. It has been shocking since.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
That was mostly on a good hour in the morning of Day 2 though. SA were in a decent place on Day 1.
That was my take on it.

Anyway, anyone care to rank our rankest performances in recent time? I suppose it's possible this isn't the absolute worst, but all things considered it probably is.

And btw there's no disrespect to SA there, just an assumption that a proper test team would have made a better first of things against them than this.

Pothas

That was my take on it.

Anyway, anyone care to rank our rankest performances in recent time? I suppose it's possible this isn't the absolute worst, but all things considered it probably is.

And btw there's no disrespect to SA there, just an assumption that a proper test team would have made a better first of things against them than this.
The Sharma Test at Lords was slightly worse. Slightly.