• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official*** South Africa in England 2017

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ah, Saffie choke like mama used to make.

Very good last over by Wood it has to be said.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Not sure it was the best of overs but it did the trick. Placement let SA down there, two or three of those shots were inches from doing it.

SeamUp

International Coach
Well done England. Definitely in a better position than us. In ODI cricket. Players know their roles and finding ways to win.

Niall

International Coach
Imagine been a South Africa rugby world cup winner, teams had serious backbone, they must be disgusted watching the cricket lads constantly choke.

91Jmay

International Coach
Yep I've criticised Wood and I'm still not convinced but that was superb. The C word will come out yet again, and you have to say that was rough from SA last over. However you can't ignore the preceding 4.

SeamUp

International Coach
Not sure it was the best of overs but it did the trick. Placement let SA down there, two or three of those shots were inches from doing it.
Its a good point but. There were 3 middled straight to fielders in the last 9 balls but still frustrating.

Extra pace of wood and lack.of composure more so from Morris. But I guess he has won games before but will have to learn that if you can't hit a boundary then at least get a 1

91Jmay

International Coach
Last 10 balls of the match:

1 1 1lb . 1 1 . 1 . 1

SA-choke.jpg

Wouldn't have posted but for the above salt from someone who regularly likes to give it out..

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
We should probably not have got as close as we did, those last 2 overs from Ball was terrible. Behardiens innings looking even more truley awful. And except for Rabada none of the other pacer covered themselves in any glory.

@ SeamUp who have we got in the SA 'A' team to call up ? Jason Smith?

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
What is wrong with these chokers? Such promising lower-middle order batsmen can't get 9 in 9 balls! Pretorius and Phehlukwayo were waiting in the hut too.

Burner

International Regular
I had a feeling that Mark wood do it. It's funny how when bowling well, some runs like 7 in the bank usually is better for the bowler than having 12 in the bank. The batsmen think that they don't have to do anything extravagant, that they will just get home. And by the time time they go "oh ****", they are already in dire straits.

Last edited: