• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official*** South Africa in England 2017

SeamUp

International Coach
Absolutely.

The guy should not be in the side in a test at Trent Bridge when he is no more a competent bowler than Moeen who also happens to have got a 10fer in the last match. They take the adage of not changing a winning team even when it's blatantly obvious the guy is surplus to requirements.

Now if we had a high quality spinner to come in ahead of Moeen we could talk.
That mystery or wrist spinner would be ideal.

Can unserstand the excitement for Crane but can't get ahead of ourselves.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
That mystery or wrist spinner would be ideal.

Can unserstand the excitement for Crane but can't get ahead of ourselves.
is crane actually any good or is it just the usual excitement over somebody who is young and bowls with the wrist?

i've never seen him.

still find it hard to believe that anyone can watch dawson and rashid and come to the conclusion that dawson is the better all round package at test level.

91Jmay

International Coach
is crane actually any good or is it just the usual excitement over somebody who is young and bowls with the wrist?

i've never seen him.

still find it hard to believe that anyone can watch dawson and rashid and come to the conclusion that dawson is the better all round package at test level.
Yeah he is good, has great skill + attitude.

When he bowled in a T20 against AB he showed real courage. Got belted for two big sixes then threw a ball up to have him caught on the fence. Reckon those two factors give him a chance of being an England player at some point.

91Jmay

International Coach
I'd really really like if going forward SA rotated Faf and QDK depending on how much keeping the latter had to do, would be a modern and excellent strategy. Nailing batsmen into positions is so overrated and archaic.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd really really like if going forward SA rotated Faf and QDK depending on how much keeping the latter had to do, would be a modern and excellent strategy. Nailing batsmen into positions is so overrated and archaic.
Yeah especially in the middle order spots I've always felt you have to be a bit flexible. They're not positions which are anywhere near as specialized as something like opening , or number 3. Batsmen generally should be less stubborn imo.

Moonsorrow999

U19 Debutant
Yeah he is good, has great skill + attitude.

When he bowled in a T20 against AB he showed real courage. Got belted for two big sixes then threw a ball up to have him caught on the fence. Reckon those two factors give him a chance of being an England player at some point.
Basically, he tossed the ball up a few times, got clobbered, then AB mi**** one and now all of a sudden he's the next Shane Warne.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Wood is probably still better, and Ali not that far behind at all if not ahead. They both are basically dictated by conditions.
Wood actually needs to produce the goods from time to time. I'm afraid that being likeable and genuinely quick, by English standards, isn't enough.