• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bowlers who you like/don't like to watch

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Andre Nel and Ashish Nehra - the way they rush through the crease, it doesn't seem to be all that smooth. Probably makes them harder to face, the ball would rush onto you before you knew it, but something about that sort of action never really clicked with me.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Andre Nel and Ashish Nehra - the way they rush through the crease, it doesn't seem to be all that smooth. Probably makes them harder to face, the ball would rush onto you before you knew it, but something about that sort of action never really clicked with me.
I never really liked Wasim's action for the same reason. Loved watching him because of how he could make the ball move but his action wasn't all that aesthetically pleasing.

TheJediBrah

Good: Jimmy Anderson, Jason Gillespie, Brett Lee

Bad: Mitchell Starc, all other left-armers

always feel a bit awkward watching left-armers. They shouldn't be able to bowl so well with that arm ffs

vcs

Bond was wonderful to watch. Aesthetically, probably the best bowler I've ever watched.

Right now, I'd probably put most things aside to watch a fire-breathing Steyn spell.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
As much as I like Kulasekara, his bowling action bothers me so much. Going through from a strong run up to small little steps before his load up just looks so ungainly, problem is, I do the same thing with my bloody bowling.

Herath's action should be considered the perfect left arm spinner's action, so simple and so effective. I hate the generic side-on bowling action that a lot of part-time bowlers and all rounders have nowadays. Such as Mitchell Marsh and Jimmy Neesham, Stoinis as well.

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
Like: Jeff Thomson, Mitchell Johnson, Andy Roberts; for their bowling action: Peter Lever, Jeff Jones

Dislike: Mitchell Johnson; for bowling action: Craig McDermott, Geoff Arnold

TheJediBrah

lee was a bit, chucky. no?
Not at all IMO

a bit like Dale Steyn in that he just had a quick action and bowled fast. First time I saw Dale Steyn I thought this guy was just a genuine chucker but it's mostly just something about his action that gives that impression. Hyperextension or something, I don't know

tobe_ornot2

Banned
If we are going to talk all time, we might as well end the discussion at Wasim Akram. Absolute maestro with the ball and his hustle to the crease with the sudden explosion and whippy arm was a joy to behold, especially live.

Currently I enjoy watching Amir, Starc, Shah, Wood, Hazlewood and Hassan Ali.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
My favourites to watch have been Ambrose, Garner and Warne.

Curtly was such an imposing force, and I legit don't think there's ever been a better quick than him ever, when he was on song. Had everything, height, intimidation, skills, ferocity. He could be petulant at times but that just added to the drama.

There are some obvious similarities between Ambrose and Garner, but some differences also. It was like Ambrose just appeared as Garner faded. Garner had this run up that almost seemed to start horizontal, and as he approached the crease he rose to his full height. Terrifying. So accurate and bowled that ball that jagged into the batsman constantly. Cannot even imagine facing it, let alone trying to score from it.

Enough has been said about Warne by everyone, but he mastered the most difficult art in cricket and did it for a long time. Always rose to the occasion when needed, one of the ultimate clutch performers in any sport ever.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Another one I loved was NZ's Chris Harris. Probably because he most resembles what I try to wobble down on summer Saturday arvos!

Burgey

People used to say he wasn't that quick. Bull**** that. FMD he was a great, great bowler.

Last edited:

Kirkut

International Regular
Best to watch - Dale Steyn. His bowling against us in 2010/11 and 6/8 vs Pakistan were my personal favourites.

Not the worst to watch but I found Mcgrath to be bland.

Last edited:

vcs

Love watching the 6/8 on youtube. Have watched his magic balls to Hafeez so many times. :laugh:

And the ones to Pujara and Harbhajan in 2010.

flibbertyjibber

I liked watching Angus Fraser for the giggles, looked such a chore getting to the wicket every delivery. Top bowler though.

I love watching Jimmy, something special about a bloke who can swing it both ways at will. Waqar was terrifying but so good as was Marshall.

I guess one I didn't like was Harmison, having been so good for a time at the start of his career he nosedived to become another Devon Malcolm and you got the impression it was all because of what hampered Mitchell Johnson for ages, what was between the ears.