• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Misbah Ul-Haq highlights

Fusion

Global Moderator
How about favorite Misbah stats? (Stolen from twitter)

Misbah has the most test wins by a Pakistani Captain, second most test wins by an Asian Captain, most away test wins by an Asian Captain.

Misbah has the most wins outside Asia for an Asian Captain. He has the second most test wins by an Asian Captain in NZ, Aus, Eng, SA.

Misbah has NEVER lost a "home" series (in UAE). Only the second Asian Captain after Imran Khan to have a spotless home record.

No Asian skipper has made more runs than Misbah as Captain.

Misbah is the ONLY captain in the history of test cricket to whitewash both England and Australia.

No Asian Captain in history has won more test matches against England than Misbah. Misbah has 7 wins in 10 tests against Eng.

Misbah led Pakistan to a series win over Australia in 2014. It was Pakistan's first test series win over Australia since 1994 (20 years).

Pre-Misbah Era (Dec 2006 - Aug 2010): 9 test series. 0 wins. 3 drawn. Misbah's era (Sept 2010 - May 2017): 22 test series. 10 wins. 7 drawn

Misbah has the fastest fifty (21 balls) and the second fastest century in the history of test cricket (56 balls).

Under Misbah's captaincy, Pak registered the fastest fourth innings 300+ chase in test history. Pak chased down 302 in 57 overs at 5.25 RR.

Under Misbah's captaincy, Pak chased down 382 vs SL in fourth innings. 6th highest and 7th fastest successful fourth inn chase ever.

Pakistan also registered their highest fourth innings score ever. Scored 450 vs Australia. It is the 4th highest fourth inn score ever.

Misbah has the third highest batting average across all formats for Pakistan behind Javed Miandad and Mohammad Yousuf.

First Pakistani Captain to win a test series in the West Indies.

Misbah is also third highest Pakistani run-getter (1187 runs at 49.45) in 5+ team tournaments (World Cup, CT etc) after Miandad and Saeed.

No Asian batsman has a higher batting average than Misbah in ODIs played in the home of opposition (excl. neutral venues) (min 1000 runs).

No Asian batsman has a higher batting average than Misbah in ODIs played in Aus/NZ/SA/Eng (min 1000 runs).

First and the only Asian Captain to win an ODI series vs South Africa in South Africa.

Only 3 teams have won an ODI series vs India in India since 2008: - Aus in 2009/10. - PAKISTAN (led by Misbah) in 2012/13. - SA in 2015/16.

Last edited:

tobe_ornot2

Banned
I think the post above me just ended this thread. That's an epic post man.

Since I'm new here, I wanted my post to be something meaningful, so here it is:

There has been a lot of talk about Misbah as a Pakistani great in terms of captaincy, at a stretch there has been mention of him as a great Asian captain but his numbers, his ability to lead, the amount of firsts he achieved and the resolute steadfastness and integrity with which he led the team should lift him to the status of one of the greatest captains in the sports history. Period. No asterix of Pakistani or Asian needed.