• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who will be England's 677th Test player?

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't think even Trego's biggest fans would argue he has ever been worthy of Test selection, maybe he could have made a few limited overs squads.

Northeast should probably be moving into contention now but you have to be pretty weird to think there is some sort of conspiracy against him.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Seems I rate Trego higher than most. Sam Northeast - really? You do not find it a bit odd he was ignored? It is not as if there hasn't been holes in the middle batting, an area where they went through Vince, Ballance, Compton, Ballance, Hales, Ballance, Butler (albeit plonked in at some obscenely high position), Duckett, and Ballance for a final time - throw in question marks over Ali?

ImpatientLime

International Regular
as was mentioned earlier, northeast has been scoring runs in the second division. it is not unusual in the slightest for selectors to overlook performances down there and not without good reason.

the standard of some of the division 2 stuff is dire in comparison to division 1.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
How do you explain Ben Duckett's selection though?
weight of performance.

didn't he put up 2k runs across all formats last summer?

i'm not saying division 2 performances should be completely overlooked but they need to be taken with a pinch of salt.