• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Ireland Tri-Nation Series 2017

Tec15

First Class Debutant
Bangladesh haven't scored nearly enough runs. Taking just 76 runs from twenty overs of Santner and Sodhi is criminal. Not to mention making Hamish Bennett look like a world beater.

Firebreaker

Banned
Bangladesh even lost to a third string NZ team.They have no chance in CT it would have been better if WI were there because they have the element of surprise in ICC events and not to mention some of their stars would have returned as well but if you ask idiotic Bangladeshi fans they will say that Bangladesh is one of the favourites for CT

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Bangladesh even lost to a third string NZ team.They have no chance in CT it would have been better if WI were there because they have the element of surprise in ICC events and not to mention some of their stars would have returned as well but if you ask idiotic Bangladeshi fans they will say that Bangladesh is one of the favourites for CT
Third string pace bowlers, not third string elsewhere though.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jeez that'd have to be disappointing for Bangers. Royal chance to beat NZ for the first time ever outside of Bangladesh, especially given the likes of Rance and Worker were in the opposition and that Neesham all bowled close to 10 overs.... a gift for any opposition.

I was impressed with what I saw of Bennett though, so awkward to face with that big bulky frame.

like to see Rance and Worker rested for the remainder of the series, they had two games each and Kuggs and Bennett to take the new ball in the next.

Howsie

International Captain
New Zealand are going to handicap themselves in this tournament opening with either Ronchi or Latham. We should be giving Worker a chance up top, not two proven failures at this level.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
New Zealand are going to handicap themselves in this tournament opening with either Ronchi or Latham. We should be giving Worker a chance up top, not two proven failures at this level.
Eh, they handicapped themselves from six months ago by going down this path, now we're just reaping what was sown. It's either a handicap opening or a handicap down the order at 6 or 7. I'm still slightly hopeful that Latham will open in the CT and do ok.

I quite like this current iteration of Hamish Bennett - action is better though still awkward for batsmen. A bit of swing and bounce. Apparently good at the death though I haven't seen enough to agree or disagree with that yet. Could push that group of Southee/McClenaghan/Henry for the second seamer spot.

cnerd123

likes this
BD continuing to struggle with turning their starts into strong finishes. Did decently defending a low score tho. Still heavily reliant on Fizzy

We'd better ****ing beat Ireland.

SillyCowCorner1

I think it is complacency. BD obviously is stronger than the Kiwi's lineup, but somehow they were mentally unable to close the deal.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Not sure if they were complacent. The top order - Soumya, Mushfiq, Tamim, even Shakib to an extent to have issues with converting starts into big scores or dominate an innings.

Zinzan

I think it is complacency. BD obviously is stronger than the Kiwi's lineup, but somehow they were mentally unable to close the deal.
Obvious to you perhaps, not me. I thought they have a decent chance going into that game with gash players like Rance and Worker in NZ's side, but actually watching the game it was quite obvious that even what was effectively a NZ 2nd XI was better than them.

There's at least 20 players in the NZ scene better than Rance & Worker, and as many of us have been saying for ages now, Neesham shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the bowling crease with a white ball in either white-ball format.

Zinzan

Worker looked horrible in his 50 off about 90 balls against Ireland. Struggled to hit the ball off the square. I don't want to even contemplate how he'd go against an international bowling attack.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fizzy still excellent I see.

I dream of a game where Fizzy and Rashid Khan play together, would be so epic.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Worker looked horrible in his 50 off about 90 balls against Ireland. Struggled to hit the ball off the square. I don't want to even contemplate how he'd go against an international bowling attack.
Well yeah the beauty of Worker is that once you take him away from his Pukekura Parks and his Jamieson/Nuttall feast jobs, things probably will get a lot shorter and sweeter.

But hey, props to him for dominating the domestix white ball scene infinitely better to date than Howsie's other contenders for the opening role; Seifert and Santner.