• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BCCI looks set to lose vote on revenue sharing model

Shri

Mr. Glass
The hypocrisy of this is laughable. On the one hand you defend the power games played by a dominate force in world cricket then chastise the like of US/UK govt for the exact same thing only they are a dominate force in world politics.

Yes I agree more aid should be provided. We spend 10 times the amount on weapons contracts than what we give in aid. Just be watching an excellent debate on humanitarian intervention on big questions on the beeb earlier today.

Anyway **** the BBCI hope yous end up looking like fools and don't show up next month.
Dominant and dominate are different.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The hypocrisy of this is laughable. On the one hand you defend the power games played by a dominate force in world cricket then chastise the like of US/UK govt for the exact same thing only they are a dominate force in world politics.

Yes I agree more aid should be provided. We spend 10 times the amount on weapons contracts than what we give in aid. Just be watching an excellent debate on humanitarian intervention on big questions on the beeb earlier today.

Anyway **** the BBCI hope yous end up looking like fools and don't show up next month.
There is no hypocrisy. I didn't chastise the US/UK/other-rich-country govt. Because I don't think the world is that simple.

And my biggest problem with your line of reasoning is the "you" at the end and all the personal attack at fans. Fans don't have a say in it. And there are different kind of fans with different tastes, who all are fans in the full sense.

If you think more aid should be provided, that's fine. Will you be okay with paying more taxes for that? Why can't you just give more from your paycheque directly? There are lots of ways to tie yourself up in knots with this line of reasoning.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
There is no hypocrisy. I didn't chastise the US/UK/other-rich-country govt. Because I don't think the world is that simple.

And my biggest problem with your line of reasoning is the "you" at the end and all the personal attack at fans. Fans don't have a say in it. And there are different kind of fans with different tastes, who all are fans in the full sense.

If you think more aid should be provided, that's fine. Will you be okay with paying more taxes for that? Why can't you just give more from your paycheque directly? There are lots of ways to tie yourself up in knots with this line of reasoning.
Fans don't have a say in it? Fans are bringing in the money as sponsors sponsor because they think fans will buy their products.

harsh.ag

Fans don't have a say in it? Fans are bringing in the money as sponsors sponsor because they think fans will buy their products.
Fans have a say in it only as far as their taste in cricket goes. If someone only cares about India playing with Aus/Eng/SA/Pak, then he is not a fan as per mackemboy's definition.

mackembhoy

International Debutant

It not the fans fault the BCCI are being greedy. I'm just amazed anyone not part of the BCCI agrees with it.

Mind there are idiots everywhere. Yeah I'm being inflammatory part of the fun of forums.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Fans have a say in it only as far as their taste in cricket goes. If someone only cares about India playing with Aus/Eng/SA/Pak, then he is not a fan as per mackemboy's definition.
Well they ain't. A cricket fan should want the best for the game.

Those are India fans not cricket fans. I watch cricket wanting to see a good game and if England win that's a bonus unless were talking about Australia.

Football is a lot more partisan than cricket and there my opinion changes. My username being in reference to Sunderland and Celtic football clubs

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I don't think that is quite right.... I don't think the Indian public would have quite the interest, as big as it all is. How much money does Indian cricket make domestically outside the IPL? I also think that things like the Ashes and a few other series outside Indian cricket would still be bought by Indian sports so it is not like BCCI could close the Indian TV rights off altogether....
Aus and Eng would be fine... it is the smaller associated teams that would suffer, maybe SA depending of supprot of Eng and Aus. And right now BCCI are demanding 70% of 'international' monies forgetting that it takes 2 teams to play. And the money being 'taken' from BCCI is going to the smaller associations... it is just not quite cut and dry as BCCI make it out as.
Nah it is very simple. If the ICC can table a formula where a certain amount is earmarked for associates, and then split the rest of the money among the boards based on proper formulae where the people bringing in the money are recognized, it wont be an issue. All the ICC are doing now is taking money out of the BCCI and giving it to themselves, every other board as well as the associates. BIased as the big 3 formula was, it at least mentioned a formula. Here it has just been pulled straight out of nowhere.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Cricket is not there to just exist to maximise commercial revenue. It should cater to test cricket, first class cricket , developing and expanding the game etc. The big 3 proposals of having 10 team world cups, less funding for associates etc are not good for the game.

harsh.ag

They have decided to not spoil the Champions Trophy after all. Squad to be announced tomorrow.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Nah it is very simple. If the ICC can table a formula where a certain amount is earmarked for associates, and then split the rest of the money among the boards based on proper formulae where the people bringing in the money are recognized, it wont be an issue. All the ICC are doing now is taking money out of the BCCI and giving it to themselves, every other board as well as the associates. BIased as the big 3 formula was, it at least mentioned a formula. Here it has just been pulled straight out of nowhere.
Fair enough, but the Eng and Aus boards took a cut upped some of the others equally so that WI, SA, Aus all get the same amount. The BCCI are being offered more than 50% of what those boards are getting. And the balance is going to the associates.

What has the BCCI proposed to fix what was a bad deal for everybody else but the big 3 other than to stamp it's foot and say give me what I want?

Shri

Mr. Glass
Cricket is not there to just exist to maximise commercial revenue. It should cater to test cricket, first class cricket , developing and expanding the game etc. The big 3 proposals of having 10 team world cups, less funding for associates etc are not good for the game.
Where will all that come from for India without our fair share? Its not all going into someone's pocket. We need it to improve infrastructure and grassroots development. Considering our size and all the states and attention that they need, we are right to look after our own interests. But all that being said, I don't think this issue is that serious. If they try to hurt us, we have the ability to **** everyone else raw. This is nothing more than a mild annoyance afaic.

Shri

Mr. Glass
We are seriously huge geographically and by population. We haven't hit our potential yet when it comes to generating revenue. Every nation should shut the **** up and let the rising tide that is India lift their boats up too.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yeah, India can earn a lot more money. However, do they care enough not to **** up tests or development of other countries. I had one fan comment to me couple of days back that countries don't help other countries where people live in slums so why should be help other countries. I would like test cricket to become stronger, not weaker. I don't mind India earning ad much money as they can as long as they are responsible about not killing away some core things about cricket.

indiaholic

International Captain
Yeah, India can earn a lot more money. However, do they care enough not to **** up tests or development of other countries. I had one fan comment to me couple of days back that countries don't help other countries where people live in slums so why should be help other countries. I would like test cricket to become stronger, not weaker. I don't mind India earning ad much money as they can as long as they are responsible about not killing away some core things about cricket.
Well countries do help each other. I think we receive around 2.5bn in aid every year.