• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Akhter is overrated!

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
marc71178 said:
Agarkar
Balaji
Ganguly
Tendulkar when he bowls seam
Pathan
Srinath (even though he's retired)
Dev (likewise)
Mhambrey
Khan
Nehra

Sorry, I can only name 10!
Utterly unnecessary. He never said Indian pacers, just pacers. And the list of pacers - only two Indian - he gives later is a pretty good list. At least they would have had the courage and spirit and dare I say balls to fight through pain and go out and bowl for your team when they need you instead of just sitting back in an air-conditioned lounge with a "back injury" while Sami and Kaneria worked their tails off to "restrict" India to 600. Fazl-e-Akbar was having serious problems with his feet, and yet he was out there bowling and running around the outfield, including making a pretty nifty catch to remove Pathan. Where was Akhtar during this? Maybe trying out his new motorcycle or fighting with some more police officers.

My high opinion of Akhtar has dropped considerably. He may be the best fastest, but he is not the best any stretch of the imagination. That "Inzi is a coward" thread should be renamed in honor of a real coward, Shoaib Akhtar.

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
jamesryfler said:
He's demolished India before my friend. Cast your mind back to 1999 - the Calcutta test.

As for the subject, he is most defintely not overrated. Akthar IMO is one of the top five quicks in the world (the others being Mcgrath, Pollock, Gillespie and Bond(when fit)).
I wouldn't refer to his two wicket at Calcutta as 'Demolition', I wouldn't call him over-rated either. IMO he is a great bowler and certainly among world's top 5 (Mcgrath, Bond, Pollock, Akhtar, Gillespie) .

None of the current Indian pacers (Pathan,Zaheer,Nehra, Agarkar, Balaji etc) can come close to him. Our bowlers are from being world class, not yet.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
wahindiawah said:
Why bring Indian pacers into it?

Well you started the stupid posts, so I thought this another of these threads where we can all post utterly stupid things?

wahindiawah

Banned
marc71178 said:
Well you started the stupid posts, so I thought this another of these threads where we can all post utterly stupid things?
It isn't a stupid thread, some people do consider Akhter over-rated, there is nothing stupid about it. So please stop clowning around, or go off-topic if you intend to carry on 8-)

Swervy

International Captain
wahindiawah said:
It isn't a stupid thread, some people do consider Akhter over-rated, there is nothing stupid about it. So please stop clowning around, or go off-topic if you intend to carry on 8-)

ooooh...marc has been ticked off good and proper there...hehehehhee

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yeah, because starting a post by claiming you could name 14 or 15 better fast bowlers than one of the top few in the World isn't at all stupid is it?

Of course, the fact he's Pakistani has nothing to do with it does it?

Langeveldt

Soutie
wahindiawah said:
I would say that following pacers are definately better than Over-rated Akhter.
Well at least the guys tried to back up his argument... lets have a look..

McGrath - Yep he is better
Jason - Better too, just
Lee - very slightly better
Pollock - better too
Ntini - not quite
Bond - not post injury
Oram - hahah no way
Pathan - nope.. hes just a case of someone being built up only to be shot down
Vaas - good but not as good as shoaib
Harmison - nope
Hoggard - nope
Z Khan - nope

so thats four.. and after that, straws get horribly clutched :) Shoiab is a fine bowler when only four beat him..

Langeveldt

Soutie
marc71178 said:
Yeah, because starting a post by claiming you could name 14 or 15 better fast bowlers than one of the top few in the World isn't at all stupid is it?

Of course, the fact he's Pakistani has nothing to do with it does it?
1) Actually I challenged him to name 14-15 better people if he was so over rated.. Although he came up with the goods, i think he was proved a bit wrong :laugh:

2) Of course it has nothing to do with his nationality.. where did you get ludicrous idea from?

Sehwag309

Banned
Mecnun said:
Just ask the fake patthan or Sachin how overerated he is?
Why most Pak's calling him Fake pathan?

He is not a pathan anyways, his last name happens to be pathan

P.S Sachin will rate everyone high, that his nature;and Shoaib did get the better of him in this tour but sachin had his moments too

About Pathan..Just once, a bouncer, more likely a Chucktar

Last edited:

Mecnun

U19 Debutant
Sehwag309 said:
Why most Pak's calling him Fake pathan?

He is not a pathan anyways, his last name happens to be pathan

And by the way mecnun, was surprised to read your posts in PP forums, about India's Reaction after the series win. Very Unlike you to write that! especially when you commented here:

Bucknor..........

and write here

India's Rection...........

Fake pathan. Pathan is not a name but a race of people from Pakistan and Afghanistan hence fake patthan .. Choocha for Patil which means a young chick, also Shrek for balaji and but that is far as I would go and all these are all jokey. Khusra however used for Agarkar is nasty and that is where I draw the line.

Secondly ..you are providing a link to Pak Passion where I posted in a thread. I would lik to understand your reasons for doing so on this forum while you could have just replied to me on the very same forum. It doesnt bother me but it is odd and now to the bit I posted.

"Well some facts here people:
Pak Passioners - We havent effing lost yet..so let's not write ourselves off. Down with negativity.
And as for my dear Indian friends YOU havent fuc**ng won yet so hold the gloating. Why is it you guys are such sore losers and yet also Crap winners? It defies logic. Atleast wait till you do win.If naooz'billah Indians do win then I forsee a week's public holiday in India because now they have an excuse for the next 50 years of b!tch slapping we are going to give them.Just by going on law of averages they were bound to win one eventually. Even that clown Buster douglas managed to knock down Iron Mike. So relax and enojoy IF you win.

rgrds
MecnunK"

Does any part of this post upset you or is unjustified bearing in mind it was inspired by what an Indian fan posted in the same thread and to whom my reply was directed?

In the Bucknor post I was questioning as to why you are replying to posts on another forum.

Alos bear in mind that I am well aware that people from this forum also participate and read those forums therfore if I wanted to hide something I would not use the same name. And this time I have provided you with an explanation here but next time please dotake it up with me on forum I postedt it. If i have said something which you feel is unjust I would welcome your input but dont post another forum's threads here and expect an answer or explanation. Now I believe I have been more than courteous to you, do me the same honour.

Sehwag309

Banned
Listen Mecnun. You can write whatever you like

After seeing your posts here which seemed kinda matured, I was surprised to see that kinda flame in your response there. Thats all

I tried to ask you there, but somethings messed up there. I can view posts but can't posts there.(even in India posts). In addition, there is no PM here.

P.S Shrek is for Darren Lehmann not balaji

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
Mecnun said:
Fake pathan. Pathan is not a name but a race of people from Pakistan and Afghanistan hence fake patthan .. Choocha for Patil which means a young chick, also Shrek for balaji and but that is far as I would go and all these are all jokey. Khusra however used for Agarkar is nasty and that is where I draw the line.

Secondly ..you are providing a link to Pak Passion where I posted in a thread. I would lik to understand your reasons for doing so on this forum while you could have just replied to me on the very same forum. It doesnt bother me but it is odd and now to the bit I posted.

"Well some facts here people:
Pak Passioners - We havent effing lost yet..so let's not write ourselves off. Down with negativity.
And as for my dear Indian friends YOU havent fuc**ng won yet so hold the gloating. Why is it you guys are such sore losers and yet also Crap winners? It defies logic. Atleast wait till you do win.If naooz'billah Indians do win then I forsee a week's public holiday in India because now they have an excuse for the next 50 years of b!tch slapping we are going to give them.Just by going on law of averages they were bound to win one eventually. Even that clown Buster douglas managed to knock down Iron Mike. So relax and enojoy IF you win.

rgrds
MecnunK"

Does any part of this post upset you or is unjustified bearing in mind it was inspired by what an Indian fan posted in the same thread and to whom my reply was directed?

In the Bucknor post I was questioning as to why you are replying to posts on another forum.

Alos bear in mind that I am well aware that people from this forum also participate and read those forums therfore if I wanted to hide something I would not use the same name. And this time I have provided you with an explanation here but next time please dotake it up with me on forum I postedt it. If i have said something which you feel is unjust I would welcome your input but dont post another forum's threads here and expect an answer or explanation. Now I believe I have been more than courteous to you, do me the same honour.
Nothing in your post on that other forum is offensive, it's just amazingly stupid. 50 years of bitch slapping huh? Well take this, beeyatch: India 2-1 in tests, 3-2 in ODIs. Have some fun with that. :cool:

Last edited:

Mecnun

U19 Debutant
Sehwag309 said:
Listen Mecnun. You can write whatever you like

After seeing your posts here which seemed kinda matured, I was surprised to see that kinda flame in your response there. Thats all

I tried to ask you there, but somethings messed up there. I can view posts but can't posts there.(even in India posts). In addition, there is no PM here.

P.S Shrek is for Darren Lehmann not balaji
Why thank you for allowing me that privilege. Ofcourse I am sure you also read what the Indian fan had posted. If you think that is flame, you should read some others on the Pakistan and the Indian forum. You have the utter idiots but then quite a few who post tongue in cheek. You ofcourse have to realise the tone and atmosphere of those places is different from here. Alot of horsing round takes place there too between the Indians and the Pakistanis and they all seem to take it in their stride.

Mecnun

U19 Debutant
Lions81 said:
Nothing in your post on that other forum is offensive, it's just amazingly stupid. 50 years of bitch slapping huh? Well take this, beeyatch: India 2-1 in tests, 3-2 in ODIs. Have some fun with that. :cool:
Like I advised the indian fan in my thread Lions, wait until you have won. You have prove my point though.

Ohh and it is easy to swear to individuals on the net. I know you changed your spellings but take it easy internet warrior.Keep thinking 50 ;)

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
Mecnun said:
Like I advised the indian fan in my thread Lions, wait until you have won. You have prove my point though.

Ohh and it is easy to swear to individuals on the net. I know you changed your spellings but take it easy internet warrior.Keep thinking 50 ;)
Keep thinking 50? I don't know what that means. You started it, so I have no idea how I proved your point. If you have the balls to say it, have the balls to take it back.