• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Now there's something you don't see everyday.

masterblaster

International Captain
Sums up the pathetic state of Zimbabwean Cricket for me.

Well done to him, but if he can take 8/40 odd against first class batsmen, then something is very worrying.

Well, thats my opinion anyway.

As much as Id like to see Zimbabwe succeed, I have a bad feeling that success is a place far, far away.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
apparently hes an OK bowler, but 8/43 would no doubt be abit beyond OK, adding to his 175*...

but if he can do that and Greg Strydorm can do "scored a century in each innings; his 128 in the first innings came off 78 balls and included ten sixes, and he hit a further six sixes in his second-innings 104, scored off a more sedate 90 balls"

i hate to think what Sri Lanka will do to them, Let Alone Hayden and Gilchirst (if Gilly was to get a bat in the series...)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
The whole thing is a joke.

1. Stop all tours involving Zimbabwe
2. er
3. that's it

or let Mugabe's puppet Ozias Bvute play himself.

Loony BoB

International Captain
I was more wondering about what other wicket keepers have taken up bowling on the international scene, although I must admit it might be a good idea to get the selectors to play for the national teams. Just think - once they've played, at least they'll have met one of the requirements set out by Heath Streak (having to have played first class cricket at some point).

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
marc71178 said:
Alfred Littleton (sp) springs to mind.

4-19
Lyttleton ;)

Taibu, in all fairness, took a reasonable haul of wickets at the U19 WC in New Zealand a couple of years back, contributing to his player-of-the-tournament award. I would expect him to take 10 overs in an ODI if the expected decimation occurs - Maregwede to sub with the gloves?

Also - Free State and South Africa's Morné van Wyk bowls left arm spin as well as keeping wicket.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I knew there was a Y in there, but couldn't remember where, hence the (sp) you sad Ginger muppet ;)

bennyr

U19 12th Man
West Aussie Tim Zoehrer, the reserve wicketkeeper on the 1993 Ashes tour took 12 wickets at 20.83 on the tour in first class matches, and once took a first class five fer.

He never bowled in international cricket.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Adam Gilchrist bowls right arm off spin , he bowled a few overs against the Windies at the PM's XI in 2000/01 , he'd be a pretty handy bowler at club level.

Bazza

International 12th Man
Taibu bowled in the first ODI and Zimbabwe gave Sri Lanka a bit of a scare I reckon.

DJ

School Boy/Girl Captain
Andrew Hall has kept wicket and bowled in a ODI (as well as batting - I think he even opened), but has anyone ever kept wicket, bowled, batted AND captained the team in an international before? I think this may have been the first time.

On another note, Taibu is very short.

Thank you.

DJ

School Boy/Girl Captain
I'd already considered him, but as far as I know WG wasn't captaining the side when he did it. He rarely bowled when captaining England anyway.