Cricket Player Manager
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: World Cricket Draft

  1. #1
    U19 Cricketer Lions81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    403

    World Cricket Draft

    Let's dream, as Jamee999 has suggested, that there was some sort of World Cricket Draft, with teams drafting backwards in order of strength, maybe going by ICC Test rankings. Here's my first round: (I've left Zimbabwe out for obvious reasons)

    1. Bangladesh - Muttiah Muralitharan (Best bowler maybe, best spinner definitely, dusty Bangladesh pitches)

    2. West Indies - Brian Lara (West Indian pride I figure will prompt them to pick him here)

    3. Sri Lanka - Shane Warne (Second best spinner, close behind Murali, spinny pitches of Sri Lanka)

    4. India - Shoaib Akhtar (Finally, a fast bowler)

    5. England - Matthew Hayden (No need to really explain this, is there?)

    6. New Zealand - Adam Gilchrist (Best wicketkeeper-batsman in the world)

    7. Pakistan - Sachin Tendulkar (Partly revenge for India taking Akhtar, partly because he is who he is)

    8. South Africa - Jason Gillespie (Spearhead for the next ten years)

    9. Australia - Ricky Ponting (Pure class, would fit right in too)
    Head of Public Relations for the Ajit Agarkar Appreciation Society (AAAS)

    My duties include explaining why he is so good when he does something good and making excuses for him when he does something bad. I also provide Thums Up.

  2. #2
    U19 Cricketer Lions81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    403
    What do you all think?

  3. #3
    International Captain Swervy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    Posts
    7,360
    i am a regular contributor to an Amercian football forum, where we have a mock draft (because the NFL draft is about to take place, where each team gets to choose the best colege footballers). Each one of us has a team and we choose which player according to the order of 'badness' of your team.

    Maybe you should try and do something like that....say to build up a sqaud of 15 for each team.

    You could incorporate trading picks etc, in order for you to try and get the players you want....and maybe each player could nominate a couple of 'franchise' players which would constitute the core of your team..for example if I was Australia, i would have say Ponting and Gilchrist maybe as my core players, and then choose other players around them!!!! What do you think???

    If you do that...I am Australia (which is a bad thing in this as I would have last pick)
    rave down, hit the ground


    MSN: djjacksono@hotmail.com

  4. #4
    Cricketer Of The Year Blewy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Your house
    Posts
    9,964
    Im in, ill take Bangladesh


  5. #5
    International Captain Loony BoB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh (although I'm a New Zealander)
    Posts
    7,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Swervy
    i am a regular contributor to an Amercian football forum, where we have a mock draft (because the NFL draft is about to take place, where each team gets to choose the best colege footballers). Each one of us has a team and we choose which player according to the order of 'badness' of your team.

    Maybe you should try and do something like that....say to build up a sqaud of 15 for each team.

    You could incorporate trading picks etc, in order for you to try and get the players you want....and maybe each player could nominate a couple of 'franchise' players which would constitute the core of your team..for example if I was Australia, i would have say Ponting and Gilchrist maybe as my core players, and then choose other players around them!!!! What do you think???

    If you do that...I am Australia (which is a bad thing in this as I would have last pick)
    I started a thread right after I saw this one, 'cause I thought it should be the same thing as you did.
    REMEMBER: A couple of years in therapy, you'll get over it.

    Proud to be a member of the CW Colts


  6. #6
    International Captain Swervy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    Posts
    7,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Blewy
    Im in, ill take Bangladesh
    i would suggest you would have to keep two of the B'desh players as your franchise players......

    Lions81...do you want to do something like this.

    if not...I might try and oragnise something..try and think of some rules

  7. #7
    Cricketer Of The Year Blewy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Your house
    Posts
    9,964
    Quote Originally Posted by Swervy
    i would suggest you would have to keep two of the B'desh players as your franchise players......

    Lions81...do you want to do something like this.

    if not...I might try and oragnise something..try and think of some rules
    Thats ok, they have a wealth of talent over their...

  8. #8
    U19 Cricketer Lions81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    403
    Quote Originally Posted by Swervy
    i would suggest you would have to keep two of the B'desh players as your franchise players......

    Lions81...do you want to do something like this.

    if not...I might try and oragnise something..try and think of some rules
    Yeah, I think your's and Loony Bob's idea would be a lot of fun, let's do it! I call India! I guess we should continue this on Loony Bob's thread from now on.

  9. #9
    International Captain Swervy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    Posts
    7,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Lions81
    Yeah, I think your's and Loony Bob's idea would be a lot of fun, let's do it! I call India! I guess we should continue this on Loony Bob's thread from now on.
    yeah but mine is slightly different...what do you want to do????

  10. #10
    U19 Cricketer Lions81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    403
    Quote Originally Posted by Swervy
    yeah but mine is slightly different...what do you want to do????
    I think we've been able to merge both ideas, right? What do you think?

  11. #11
    International Captain Swervy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    Posts
    7,360
    i think do Loony Bobs one..then maybe do my version...i dont know

  12. #12
    U19 Cricketer Lions81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    403
    Quote Originally Posted by Swervy
    i think do Loony Bobs one..then maybe do my version...i dont know
    Yeah, that sounds good. His seems a little easier to implement, since it's just straight picking, while yours seems like more of a manager-type thing, so doing his first and then yours seems like the best thing to do.

  13. #13
    Cricket Spectator
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    4
    you guys, how do i get a picture on my thing,tell me- i'll go for m urali

  14. #14
    International 12th Man deeps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    perth, australia
    Posts
    1,661
    assuming you have already got ppl from ur country already (so which player each country would want)

    1. Bangladesh - they need a solid batsman,as well as another solid bowler...Jacques kallis

    2. West Indies - Brett Lee...bring back some off that quick bowling

    3. Sri Lanka - In desperate need of a strike bowling partner for vaas...has to be a hard working bowler, because lack of support on the pitches in SL...i'd go for Glen Mcgrath

    4. India - Makhaya Ntini...a good quality fast bowler, more consistent than akhtar and a very very hard worker

    5. England - Need another bowler.a good one...jason gillespie

    6. New Zealand - Need some solidity in the middle order/top order...Rahul Dravid

    7. Pakistan - Need a consitent quick who is a good bat..Shaun Pollock


    8. South Africa - Require a quality spinner...Shane Warne

    9. Australia - need a good all=rounder....kallis would've been ideal...but bangladesh picked him up earlier...so andy flintoff



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •