• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Another red signal for Rawalpindi Express

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
If this article has a grain of truth in it (and isn't just designed to unsettle him prior to the third test as I suspect) then it falls into the "Well, we know he has been checked three times but we are going to keep on reporting him until the testers get it right" category.

Must be his doosra.

Choora

State Regular
The article was rubbish, however one thing is certain, Akhter was the biggest failure of this series!

So Akhter is again heading back to UWA? it will be better for him to spend more time at UWA, than at the pitch facing Indian batters coz atleast someone won't make an example of him at the University.

Every third Pak bowlers heads to UWA (akhter,Shabbir and now this Tariq fellow).I just hope this time the UWA give verdict against the player!

wahindiawah

Banned
luckyeddie said:
Yet Tendulkar is his bunny.
Once in a while Akhter gets Tendulkar out early, otherwise Tendulkar has been thrashing that overrated bowler.

Tendulkar has already scored 2 centuries in this tour, in contrast Akhter has done nothing of note.

Its clear as to who is the winner and to who is the loser.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
SRT vs Pak when Shoaib plays.

0, 9, 194*, 2, 8, 1 - dismissed once in Tests

45, 13, 93, 41, 17, 11, 10, 98, 28, 141, 0, 37 - dismissed 3 times in ODI's

In Test's the winner is clear, that's for sure.

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
marc71178 said:
SRT vs Pak when Shoaib plays.

0, 9, 194*, 2, 8, 1 - dismissed once in Tests

45, 13, 93, 41, 17, 11, 10, 98, 28, 141, 0, 37 - dismissed 3 times in ODI's

In Test's the winner is clear, that's for sure.
Well Tendulkar's average is 42.8. That doesn't seem quite so bad, does it? And Akhtar's removed him twice out of the six innings. So what exactly do those numbers prove? I mean they would say something if he got him out 4 out of 6, or even 3 out of 6, but 2 out of 6? And that Tendulkar gets out for 0,1, or 2 shows he generally sucks, not that he is "Akhtar's bunny".

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
Sehwag309 said:
...Like Youhana is to Pathan
Yeah, you want to talk about someone being someone else's bunny, this is the most on-point example one can have in the India-Pakistan series.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Lions81 said:
Well Tendulkar's average is 42.8. That doesn't seem quite so bad, does it? And Akhtar's removed him twice out of the six innings. So what exactly do those numbers prove?

I actually never mentioned anything about the One Day as that's consistent with his career - I looked at the Test's, and they're a very strange set of numbers.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sehwag309 said:
He is, but No.2

You won't believe who is his No.1 bunny in test is ---->Hansie Cronje

Actually there's 3 of them all tied on 5 - only one likely to increase that is McGrath if he can stay fit for another 12 or so months