• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe thread

KANYE WEST

Cricket Spectator
Mugabe Running On Borrowed Time

DONT WORRY MY FRIEND THINGS WILL BE BACK TO NORMAL SOON BECAUSE EVERYONE KNOWS BOB HAVENT GOT LONG TO LIVE...

Chubb said:
Try looking on the Zimbabwe Cricinfo pages, they have the records of everyone who has played 1st class in Zimbabwe.

Tinashe Panganyara: was the star at the u19 world cup. He's played 1 first class game. He scored 1 run, and took 5-71 from 28 overs He bowls RFMs.

Prosper Utesya has played 11 1st class games for Mashonaland A. He has a batting average of 13 and a bowling average of 44. If he's getting figures like that in the Logan Cup then he wouldn't even be playing Minor Counties. He bowls offbreaks

Tawanda Mpariwa has played 6 1st class games. His batting average is 15, his bowling average 28 with 14 wickets, he's an RFM

Edward Rainsford has played 10 matches. His batting average is 10, his bowling average is 25 . He bowls RFMs

Brendon Taylor is a batsman. His batting average in first-class is 27. He keeps wicket and I think he got a big hundred at the u19 World Cup.

Elton Chigumbura is a batsman with an average of 25.

Those are the players I think most people, including myself, have never heard of. I used to be a Zimbabwe fan but I'm through with them now. It's gone past the stage where you can really support them as underdogs anymore. I reckon the sacked players should set up a "Real Zimababwe" XI and play tests in Sharjah, if only that were possible.

Slow Love™

International Captain
PY said:
Only three hundred people there to watch the game?!?! That must be a record low. :(
Perhaps this might help some of the Aussie players with their presumptions that the Zimbabwe public are just begging for them to come and play, rather than boycott the tour.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tim said:
Whats the difference between me joking about Sibanda and you with Agarkar, Clarke etc..???

Our joking doesn't involve putting him down (apart from Clarke that is)

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
err, righto then.

But I find it strange that I make a couple of comments about Sibanda within a week & you label it an obsession. While of course, you went on for months about Agarkar (and still do)..regardless of whether you were putting him down or not.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Because the Sibanda is not humour, you made an allegation about him and then had a go at him again.

With comments like the AAAS, there is absolutely no malice involved.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
The comment about him being related to someone in the ZCU was ill-sighted & I owe an apology..but as far as im concerned, my comments about his ability have been in the same joking fashion as you have done before with several players on this forum.

Why you accuse me of obsession with it after only a week or so is beyond me. Im prepared to let it go, I hope you are too.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Is this a one-team series? Looks like everyone's forgotten about the other team playing!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Arjun said:
Is this a one-team series? Looks like everyone's forgotten about the other team playing!
Issues, Arjun. Issues.
The fact that Sri Lanka are there is by and large irrelevant.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Issues, Arjun. Issues.
The fact that Sri Lanka are there is by and large irrelevant.
Agreed, but this is a cricket tournament.

The Lankans are fielding a young team and I would like to see them improve and make the most of a really good chance to announce themselves. They did play rather good cricket, even against a club side. They too need some support.

Anyway, this is a Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe thread, not one on a Zimbabwe Second String XI.

PY

International Coach
But it was inevitably going to happen because of the nature of the Zimbabwean side.

No doubts from me that what Sri Lanka have done is very good but that is what they were expected to do unfortunately whereas why it happened is much more newsworthy in my book.

Though I did congratulate Vaas on his 300 wickets. :tongue:

PY

International Coach
Hmmm, same 'agreement' on different website (on Cricinfo as well) with vastly different conclusions reached by the different journalists. :blink:

Langeveldt

Soutie
KANYE WEST said:
DONT WORRY MY FRIEND THINGS WILL BE BACK TO NORMAL SOON BECAUSE EVERYONE KNOWS BOB HAVENT GOT LONG TO LIVE...
Well, we can all hope cant we.. But what makes you think everything will be any better once he goes??
There will still be the racism, there will still be Zanu PF, there will still be 600% inflation on the Zim dollar etc.etc.

KANYE WEST

Cricket Spectator
i do agree

see you have made good points but the truth is a lot of people in zanu pf actually dont like bob and are willing to give the white farmers their land once he is out of power and the only thing which suprise me is these so called war vets bloody hell they all look young to be war vetrans they dont know that they have messed up their future firghting mugabe's war guess my mother was right never bite the hands that feed you and zimbabwe has done that...

Langeveldt said:
Well, we can all hope cant we.. But what makes you think everything will be any better once he goes??
There will still be the racism, there will still be Zanu PF, there will still be 600% inflation on the Zim dollar etc.etc.

brockley

International Captain
Ebrahim said on cricinfo max ebrahim is his uncle,max is disputing it is his nephew,not diaon ebrahim.
The negotiations are not finished streak is yet to get agreement from the players,its just the zcu spreading its propaganda.
Interesting zimbabwe dropped sibanda and bought in mpawira,he is a bowler which means zimbabwe are 1 batsmen down,after a score of 35 this certainly makes no sense.
The batting is
matsikenyeri
taylor
ebrahim
taibu
chigumbra
maraguede
nkala a bowler at 7.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
That doesnt shock me that they dropped a batsman as Nkala and Utseya are considered ARs in the Logan Cup, and have made decent scores in the first two ODIs.

Panyangara opens the batting in Logan Cup as well.

But what does shock me is WHO they dropped. Sibanda was way up the pecking order above Chigumbura, Maregwede and even Matsikenyeri at times. And he was DEFINATELY above Taylor.....