• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe thread

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Neil Pickup said:
I expect it would have been exceptionally close. Would have come down to whether Chandana's slogging came off.

And why isn't Taibu keeping when he's not bowling?
He kept for the first 20 overs, and was bowling for the next 7.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
What was N Kulasekara doing? He just got 3 overs and went for 26, on the back of some bad matches in SL against the Australians and is not in the best of form. Even more surprising that Zoysa only got 7 overs and not the full 10, when he was the in-form bowler.

bhooth nath

School Boy/Girl Captain
taibu is a good off-spinner as well and took 8/43 after making 175* recently in a first-class match in zimbabwe. also, he bowled in the u-19 world cup in 2002 as well. taibu, could be a super all-rounder. he bats, bowls and keeps.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
What are Kandamby & Maharoof doing there?

Kandamby was average at best against NZ 'A' while even though Maharoof is still only 19, I don't think he's going to set the world on fire.

Tim said:
What are Kandamby & Maharoof doing there?

Kandamby was average at best against NZ 'A' while even though Maharoof is still only 19, I don't think he's going to set the world on fire.
And any of the other Zimbabweans are?? 8-)

Linda

International Vice-Captain
bhooth nath said:
taibu is a good off-spinner as well and took 8/43 after making 175* recently in a first-class match in zimbabwe. also, he bowled in the u-19 world cup in 2002 as well. taibu, could be a super all-rounder. he bats, bowls and keeps.
Where exactly is the advantage in that though?
Even if he can bowl, I'd say theres no chance of him not keeping. Alot of people rate him very very highly when it comes to his keeping skills, including myself.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Sibanda has just made double sure that everyone knows he's the world's worst international batsman by getting out for another 0.

He should share a drink with Junaid Zia so they can reflect on how great it is to have fathers or relations in high places.

brockley

International Captain
Who is sibanda related too their is a journo sibanda but he is not pro zcu,ebrahims' uncle is a selector explains why he keeps getting picked :laugh: .

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tim said:
Sibanda has just made double sure that everyone knows he's the world's worst international batsman by getting out for another 0.

He should share a drink with Junaid Zia so they can reflect on how great it is to have fathers or relations in high places.
What relation does he have in a high place out of interest?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
brockley said:
Who is sibanda related too their is a journo sibanda but he is not pro zcu,ebrahims' uncle is a selector explains why he keeps getting picked :laugh: .
Erm, Ebrahim has now said he isn't!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
There's a lot of confusion over the Dion Ebrahim / Max Ebrahim thing - and I'm not sure if it will ever be resolved.

It appears that the 'common knowledge' that they are related has little substance - a 'local source' was reported to have heard that someone had told him that Dion had said ......

Anyone remember 'Captain Pugwash'? The stories were total garbage, of course.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tim said:

Sibanda's first scoring shot (his first ball I believe) in international cricket was a lovely drive through the covers. At that time I thought he was a talent for Zimbabwe. Of what I've seen since, I'm made to reconsider... not the talent aspect, as I believe he is talented, but the knowing how to play cricket aspect.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well at least Sibanda can claim he contributed to the team score today with 4 runs out of 35.

That puts him ahead of Taibu (0), Chigumbura (0), Maregwede (2), Utseya (0), Panyangara (0).