• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe thread

Craig

World Traveller
Mark Vermeulen made his return to the Zimbabwe team and made a 0.

Atapattu won the toss and elected to bowl.

S Matsikenyeri run out (Maharoof) 45
BRM Taylor c HAPW Jayawardene b Vaas 5
MA Vermeulen c Muralitharan b Vaas 0
DD Ebrahim not out 28
*+T Taibu not out 2

FoW: 1-24 (Taylor, 8.2 ov), 2-31 (Vermeulen, 10.5 ov),
3-82 (Matsikenyeri, 23.1 ov).
(3 wickets, 26 overs) 87

PY

International Coach
An interesting fact, if you discount innings where he bowled less than 3 overs, Murali has taken a wicket in his last 76 innings.

:jawdrop:

PY

International Coach
Warne manages 27 and McGrath manages 0 as a comparison.

(I know there are lots of other factors and I choose to ignore them because they are too numerous)

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
PY said:
An interesting fact, if you discount innings where he bowled less than 3 overs, Murali has taken a wicket in his last 76 innings.

:jawdrop:

Murali 0/49 from 18 with just 4 wkts left to fall! Looks like you might have jinxed him.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Why did Zim's best bowler (Mahwire) and batsman (Utseya) from the first test get dropped?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Or is it because Mahwire's action's been reported?

Also, Utseya was initially named in the 11, so that suggests to me he may be injured?

PY

International Coach
This is turning into a massacre now. :(

Sri Lanka - 424/1 (96.5 overs)

Sangakkara 178* (231) - 28 fours and 2 sixes.
Atapattu 191* (260) - 27 fours and 1 six.

Partnership - 324* (404) RR:4.81.

Bowlers:
Hondo 0/86 RR:4.1
Panyangara 0/92 RR:4.84
Mupariwa 0/91 RR:4.55
Nkala 1/54 RR:2.7
Chigumbura 0/67 RR:5.6
Matsikenyeri 0/29 RR:7.25

I feel sorry for them.

EDIT: Atapattu reaches his 6th 200 in Tests and the odds on him making it 300 are not long.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Truly farcical.

Perhaps we really need Sri Lanka to go on and make 1000 with Atapattu registering 500 to get the message across to the Piers Morgans at the ICC that Zimbabwe no longer deserve a place at the table.

Loony BoB

International Captain
luckyeddie said:
Truly farcical.

Perhaps we really need Sri Lanka to go on and make 1000 with Atapattu registering 500 to get the message across to the Piers Morgans at the ICC that Zimbabwe no longer deserve a place at the table.
So long as it's for a cause, good luck to them in doing just that.

Waughney

International Debutant
Don't worry about that, you might soon be witnessing the first time 2 triple centuries have been scored in the same innings.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
519-1. This is ridiculous. Something is going to break today, whether it's Lara's 400 or Sri Lanka's own 576 stand...

Loony BoB

International Captain
Or possibly the stumps. I mean, Zimbabwe seem to be going for one wicket a day, right? So that means we're due! And then another 200 from the next batsman...

Loony BoB

International Captain
Loony BoB said:
Or possibly the stumps. I mean, Zimbabwe seem to be going for one wicket a day, right? So that means we're due! And then another 200 from the next batsman...
Whoops, did I say that out loud?

Last Wicket: 538/2 (119.4 ov); Partnership: 438 runs, 90.1 overs, RR: 4.86
MS Atapattu c Taibu b Chigumbura 249 (324b 36x4 1x6) SR: 76.85

EDIT: That's a new high score for Atapattu, and Sangakkara is two runs away from knocking over his 230.

Last edited: