• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe thread

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I'd be more inclined to watch that series.
I dont blame you. My Grandma has been known to pull out the defensive shots at Christmas time. We still can't get her out.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Linda said:
I dont blame you. My Grandma has been known to pull out the defensive shots at Christmas time. We still can't get her out.
Given Warne and McGrath are likely a bit better than you and your family. :)

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Given Warne and McGrath are likely a bit better than you and your family. :)
Just.
Although, my Grandad has a ripper of a googly, so he says anyway. He just kinda throws it up in the air, bit of a 'bubble' delivery if you ask me.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
From a Sri Lankan point of view, what I foyund most disappointing was their approach towards this series. This should have been a great chance for the younger players like Lokuarachchhi, Maharoof, Herath and Jayantha to announce themselves, but who are performing? A buch of players who have been found wanting against quality teams and are not going to be of much use in the future (Arnold, Samaraweera, Zoysa). Worse, they're still depending on Muralitharan- much as I appreciate his success, he was not needed here.

Hopefully we will see Saman JAyantha in the next match. Dilhara and Herath should also play.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Arjun said:
From a Sri Lankan point of view, what I foyund most disappointing was their approach towards this series. This should have been a great chance for the younger players like Lokuarachchhi, Maharoof, Herath and Jayantha to announce themselves, but who are performing? A buch of players who have been found wanting against quality teams and are not going to be of much use in the future (Arnold, Samaraweera, Zoysa). Worse, they're still depending on Muralitharan- much as I appreciate his success, he was not needed here.

Hopefully we will see Saman JAyantha in the next match. Dilhara and Herath should also play.
They should be playing their best team, and despite someone not being needed, they do need to put forward their best team so the world can really see where Zimbabwe stands at the moment with regards to warranting a position amongst the test sides.

anzac

International Debutant
hell if the AUS tour goes ahead I hope that AUS win the toss, put ZIM in & bowl them out for sub 50, & bat until they are either all out or declare in the lunch break on day 4.....

that way several things should happen...........

*the match will last more than 3 days,

*one of the AUS top order will give 400 a good shake,

*the team total in combination with the above should be sufficient to embarras everyone into the realisation that this really is a farce..........

just to add a bit of the 'conspiracy theory' either SRL are finding it fairly tough to rise to the 'challenge', or they are fixed in 1st gear so as to only give glimpses of what the gulf should be so as NOT to make the situation a total farce.....lets not forget that certain parties have their own current agenda in ZIM (not just the locals) & it would not do to have this tour decalred a non-event...........

:naughty:

Jayzamann

International Regular
I for one would like to see Australia belt the living daylights out of Zimbabwe, get out of there and see Zimbabwe lose international test status until they fix themselves up, come back in six months better then ever and beat someone fair and square.

But I can only dream, eh?

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
roseboy64 said:
More bad news for Zimbabwean cricket.The rebels have been sacked.Now what else?
Now they become the laughing stock of international cricket for the next few years. God i bet Bangladesh are happy :)

NikhilN

International Regular
SpaceMonkey said:
Now they become the laughing stock of international cricket for the next few years. God i bet Bangladesh are happy :)
:lol: The day is not far when instead of Bangladesh Zimbabwe is out of international cricket and kenya is in