Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 286

Thread: Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe thread

  1. #151
    Tim
    Tim is offline
    Cricketer Of The Year Tim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    7,888
    The ICC should step in & make Australia take their U19 team to Zimbabwe. Afterall half the players in the current Zimbabwe side helped smash Australia at the World Cup a few months back. It would make for a competitive series anyway..maybe...

  2. #152
    Soutie Langeveldt's Avatar
    Pinball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    29,542
    Quote Originally Posted by vishnureddy
    600% inflation? God save Zim
    Yeh think the bank have been printing higher denominations recently.. The queues for petrol were so long the price probably gets changed by the time you reach the pump...
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

    ****.

  3. #153
    Cricketer Of The Year Arjun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Mumbai, India
    Posts
    8,345
    What's with the Lankan bowlers? They have not yet taken a wicket! Besides, they've bowled too many wides and no-balls!
    "Talent is nothing without opportunity"
    "You're not remembered for aiming at the target, but hitting it"

    Twenty20 used to be boring.

    Sponsored...by...nothing!!!

  4. #154
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Bonn, D
    Posts
    22,793
    Maybe because it's Zoysa, Maharoof, Herath, Chandana, Arnold and Murali bowling?

    This series is turning into more and more of a joke with every minute. Dilshan is keeping, too.
    Messi scores on the rebound.

    Founder of ESAS - Edgar Schiferli, the best associate bowler
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Grünbaum
    Is the conduct approved by the gods right ("pious"), because of properties of its own, or merely because it pleases the gods to value or command it?


  5. #155
    Cricketer Of The Year JASON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    At Work
    Posts
    7,558

    Zimbabwean performance

    Looking at the performances of the Zimbabwean Team that played - I think Brendan Taylor (the opener) has done fairly well and may retain his place in the Team . I thought Panyangara (the opening bowler) bowled fairly well as did Mupariwa . These three may have enhanced their selection for future ODI's or even Tests (given the lean form of some of the so called established Zimbabwean cricketers) along with Taibu ( who is obviously a permanent fixture in their regular team).
    I wonder how even a Team like Zimbabwe can continue to select batsmen like Ebrahim etc and worse still batsmen of the calibre of Sibanda!!

  6. #156
    Tim
    Tim is offline
    Cricketer Of The Year Tim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    7,888
    Dilshan has been picked as a specialist keeper for Sri Lanka before..infact I think he may have done the job last time Sri Lanka were in Zimbabwe.

  7. #157
    International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    not far away from you
    Posts
    14,308
    this brendon taylor has the best square drive i've ever seen. not much of a technique for an opening batsman though
    Tendulkar = the most overated player EVER!!
    Beckham = the most overated footballer EVER!!
    Vassell = the biggest disgrace since rikki clarke!!

  8. #158
    World Traveller Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Super Happy Fun Sugar Lollipop Land!
    Posts
    34,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS
    But what does shock me is WHO they dropped. Sibanda was way up the pecking order above Chigumbura
    I am speechless.

    I am without speech to respond to that comment. I am mystifiyed.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

    RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

    Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

  9. #159
    Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Oxford, England
    Posts
    26,837
    Quote Originally Posted by JASON
    Looking at the performances of the Zimbabwean Team that played - I think Brendan Taylor (the opener) has done fairly well and may retain his place in the Team . I thought Panyangara (the opening bowler) bowled fairly well as did Mupariwa . These three may have enhanced their selection for future ODI's or even Tests (given the lean form of some of the so called established Zimbabwean cricketers) along with Taibu ( who is obviously a permanent fixture in their regular team).
    I wonder how even a Team like Zimbabwe can continue to select batsmen like Ebrahim etc and worse still batsmen of the calibre of Sibanda!!
    In defence of Ebrahim, he has eight Test 50s and an ODI century.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

    Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

    Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

  10. #160
    Cricketer Of The Year Arjun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Mumbai, India
    Posts
    8,345
    I am more interested in the performance of Prasanna Jayawardene as a wicketkeeper. Apparently, he is Lanka's best wicketkeeper and has a first-class century too, but being the best wicketkeeper makes him an automatic selection. Especially when Sangakkara's also a wicketkeeper, and I have seen him make some big bloopers in the World Cup and he isn't going to inspire Murali much, since he has difficulty keeping to him. Prasanna is a better batsman than Sangakkara is a keeper, so it will be interesting, how he plays.

  11. #161
    Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Oxford, England
    Posts
    26,837
    Quote Originally Posted by Arjun
    I am more interested in the performance of Prasanna Jayawardene as a wicketkeeper. Apparently, he is Lanka's best wicketkeeper and has a first-class century too, but being the best wicketkeeper makes him an automatic selection. Especially when Sangakkara's also a wicketkeeper, and I have seen him make some big bloopers in the World Cup and he isn't going to inspire Murali much, since he has difficulty keeping to him. Prasanna is a better batsman than Sangakkara is a keeper, so it will be interesting, how he plays.
    He's had a couple of chances before at International level and failed exceptionally badly with the bat (even against Bangladesh). If he can get his average up to the high teens or late twenties (as it is in FC) as opposed to 2.5 in Tests and 2.0 in ODIs, he should maintain his place.

  12. #162
    Cricketer Of The Year Arjun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Mumbai, India
    Posts
    8,345
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup
    He's had a couple of chances before at International level and failed exceptionally badly with the bat (even against Bangladesh). If he can get his average up to the high teens or late twenties (as it is in FC) as opposed to 2.5 in Tests and 2.0 in ODIs, he should maintain his place.
    Happens once in a while. I don't want him to end up like Ajay Ratra or Chris Read. He can definitely stretch his average in this series, but if they play 6 batsmen and 2 bowlers who can bat, they don't need a wicketkeeper who can bat. Even 20 runs with the bat can be effective with such a batting lineup ahead of him.

  13. #163
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    57,575
    I think Chris Read's batting has been unfairly criticised.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

    Anyone want to join the Society?

    Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

  14. #164
    Hall of Fame Member luckyeddie's Avatar
    Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Derby, England
    Posts
    17,752
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    I think Chris Read's batting has been unfairly criticised.
    certainly as far as recent ODI's are concerned
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

  15. #165
    World Traveller Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Super Happy Fun Sugar Lollipop Land!
    Posts
    34,131
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    I think Chris Read's batting has been unfairly criticised.
    Well his three sixes won you guys the first ODI.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •