• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Michael Clarke - The Millionaire!

He's brilliant, he's 23, and he's rich. Yes, I'm talking about the one and only Michael Clarke.

Struck a deal with Dunlop-Slazenger reportedly worth $1.25 million for 3 years. He hasn't even played a test. I'd call that a calculated risk on Dunlop-Slazenger's part.

He's done well for himself. Now all he has to do is actually play some cricket.

masterblaster

International Captain
Congratulations to Michael Clarke on his new deal.

He's worked hard for it, and deserves the deal.

Still has a fair way to go before he reaches Tendulkar and Lara's status as the wealthiest players in the game.

I think Tendulkar gets around USD$20 million a year in sponsorships...

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
masterblaster said:

Still has a fair way to go before he reaches Tendulkar and Lara's status as the wealthiest players in the game.

Gilchrist i beleive has the Biggest sponsorship arrangement in the Aussie team vorth about $2000000 a year... but hes a keeper as well so the sponsor gets more exposure.

Craig

World Traveller
masterblaster said:

And that's not including match payments and that other then that is probably the highest paid player by the BCCI (that's if the BCCI dont have a system in paying players ie levels for which players earns what. And if they do he deserves every cent!). To his credit SRT hasnt got greedy with his earnings (ie Azhar and Cronje) and lives very humbley by all reports.

age_master said:
Gilchrist i beleive has the Biggest sponsorship arrangement in the Aussie team vorth about $2000000 a year... but hes a keeper as well so the sponsor gets more exposure.
Really?

http://aus.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2004/APR/121146_AUS_10APR2004.html said:
New South Wales's Michael Clarke has been confirmed as the man at the centre of the biggest sporting-brand sponsorship deal in Australian cricket history.
I guess not...

PY

International Coach
Meh, until you can convert your fortune into Pounds Sterling and still be a millionaire, he isn't really a millionaire. :p

ash chaulk

International Captain
age_master said:
Gilchrist i beleive has the Biggest sponsorship arrangement in the Aussie team vorth about $2000000 a year... but hes a keeper as well so the sponsor gets more exposure.[/QUOT

"Hey Look Adam Gilchrist under the hat" GILLY GILLY GILLY GILLY GILLY GILLY"

Not long now Mr. GillY

Sehwag309

Banned
He's living Humbly by choice, same ole Apartment in Dadar, Mumbai. Whereas he can have the best one in Mumbai.

He has the money, and he likes cars so why not

Sehwag309 said:
He's living Humbly by choice, same ole Apartment in Dadar, Mumbai. Whereas he can have the best one in Mumbai.

He has the money, and he likes cars so why not
Whatever, but you can't say he's humble by choice if he chooses to keep that car. A humble man would swap it for an effective car and give the margin to a worthwhile cause. If he has to drive it as part of a sponsorship agreement that is a different story, but if not then you can't say he lives humbly. :p

Sehwag309

Banned
Gaijin-san said:
Whatever, but you can't say he's humble by choice if he chooses to keep that car. A humble man would swap it for an effective car and give the margin to a worthwhile cause. If he has to drive it as part of a sponsorship agreement that is a different story, but if not then you can't say he lives humbly. :p
He must be doing charity, can't someone be humble and drive a ferrari?

Or it potrays a negative image, u see his humbleness on and off the field

Sehwag309

Banned
Michaels Guide/friend/Coach is an Indian guy. He said that he was so fortunate to be born in australia with a well to do family after seeing the poor street kids in India. He seems to be very honest