• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dravid to captain the 3rd test with Ganuly on the side?

NikhilN

International Regular
Was just watching the news last night and they said that Ganguly told on of their men that even though he will be in the XI for the 3rd test, Dravid will captain the team.If this is true what do you guys think about this?

I think it is a good move since I always wanted Dravid to captain India

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
It would be better to have Ganguly captaining the team if he is in the side. He probably could not help himself but captain the side if he were in it. Besides, he has a done a good job with India....I see no reason to replace him.

NikhilN

International Regular
They were also saying that he said this because he thought Dravid was right to bat first in the 2nd test while the whole world said he was wrong...

bennyr

U19 12th Man
It seems bewildering to me.

I think Ganguly is a good leader of men. He has just led India in a tied series against Australia.

If Dravid has better captaincy qualities than Ganguly then great - I haven't seen enough of Dravid to make that call, but it doesn't seem likely to me.

Of course, much depends on who has the support of the team - the last thing India needs is a team divided.

Craig

World Traveller
If Ganguly comes back, he gets the captaincy that was always going to be the case IMO.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I just don't see it myself.

The idea of generals sitting at the top of the hill sipping Sancerre while their lieutenants conducted operations on the battlefield belongs to another age.

Then again, if Ganguly thinks that he is Napoleon.....

masterblaster

International Captain
I somehow think that this piece of news lacks 'integrity'. Ganguly is a very, very 'proud' individual, he would never give up the captaincy under his own 'will'.

Ganguly will remain India's captain unless and until somebody from a higher power sacks him, and I don't see that happening.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
masterblaster said:
I somehow think that this piece of news lacks 'integrity'. Ganguly is a very, very 'proud' individual, he would never give up the captaincy under his own 'will'.

Ganguly will remain India's captain unless and until somebody from a higher power sacks him, and I don't see that happening.

yeah i gotta agree with that

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
To me it smacks of vested interests, wishful thinking, politicking and internal or external back-biting and is completely unsubstantiated.

Otherwise, there's nothing in it