• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

After years of trying

Craig

World Traveller
Last night at Indoor Cricket I had a game off so I decided to bowl in one of the courts for about 40 minutes, anyway I decided to bowl some leggies and for the first time in years I was actually able to land the ball on the pitch and was able to hit the stumps and able to turn the ball quite a lot. In fact I did it left and right handed (I am right handed though).

Still I felt rather proud of myself :biggrin:

Langeveldt

Soutie
About four years ago I went onto the hills and had exactly the same experience bowling on a cut wicket in the middle of nowhere...

Ive now all but been chucked out of the first team at college and am bowling medium pace at rugby players as a break from going to the gym with them...

Best of luck with your newfound discovery, but its very hard to crack...

Craig

World Traveller
Langeveldt said:
Ive now all but been chucked out of the first team at college and am bowling medium pace at rugby players as a break from going to the gym with them
Excuse my ignorance? If you dont mind me asking what happened?

tooextracool

International Coach
Craig said:
Excuse my ignorance? If you dont mind me asking what happened?
i think hes already told you what happened when he said
"Ive now all but been CHUCKED out of the first team at college"

you need to take little cues like these.

Damo

Cricket Spectator
Craig said:
Last night at Indoor Cricket I had a game off so I decided to bowl in one of the courts for about 40 minutes, anyway I decided to bowl some leggies and for the first time in years I was actually able to land the ball on the pitch and was able to hit the stumps and able to turn the ball quite a lot. In fact I did it left and right handed (I am right handed though).

Still I felt rather proud of myself :biggrin:
Thought this was the cricket humour thread? Well anyway good stuff. Are you ambidextrous?

deeps

International 12th Man
spin bowling is a funny thing....some days you can bowl like shane warne, ripping spinning dipping etc etc. and some days u cant hit the pitch....

Waughney

International Debutant
Tell me about it!
Yesterday I was on the verge of giving the leggies up for a while. I changed my grip and bowled the best I ever have!