• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Miandad Leaving????

NikhilN

International Regular
Pakistan coach Javed Miandad has hinted he may give up the job after the current Test series against India.

Miandad, who is in his third spell in charge of the team, says he is fed up with media criticism.

"I've been very disappointed and upset and upset with some comments in the media and I'm not sure if I want to continue," he said.

Pakistan lost the one-day series 3-2 and the first Test, but look set to win the second in Lahore.

India ended the third day's play on 149-5 in their second innings, still needing another 53 runs to make the home side bat again.

"I'm very happy with how the boys have bounced back in this match.

"But this performance has been soured by the damaging and unfair criticism in the last two weeks," said Miandad.

"What hurts most is that there is criticism on the basis of just one or two bad performances."

Miandad is one of Pakistan's greatest ever batsmen, having scored 8,832 runs in 124 Tests and 7,381 in 233 one-day international appearances, and was a member of the 1992 World Cup-winning side.

His previous spells as coach ended in 1999 and 2001 and he said he would be willing to step aside again if anyone else could do the job better.

"I've never asked to be appointed coach of the senior team.

"The board have always come to me to help out in a crisis," he added.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/other_international/3609059.stm

What a blow this will be for Pakistan...

tooextracool

International Coach
why does this guy accept the job and then quit because of the media pressure ???youd think that after being coach twice he wouldnt accept the position unless he was thinking long term. absolutely ridiculous.