• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who do you support? Ind/Pak

Swervy

International Captain
Lions81 said:
Ha, don't get carried away with your walloping of the West Indies and some insane third-place ranking in the ICC Test standings. Do we need to return to how India beat England both home and away (series win at home, draw away), and taught you a few lessons in how to play one-day cricket?
you certainly didnt teach my team (Australia) any lessons on one day cricket.

Hey..and what lessons have been taught really to England by India...that WC game was a farce under those lights...even Nehra could have got 6 wickets in those conditions....oh sorry he did :D

Swervy

International Captain
wahindiawah said:
The comparison is not with Autralia but with pakistan, and certainly Indian cricketers are better than Pakistan.

yes of course...as the scoreline in the current test would suggest that Indian cricketers are CERTAINLY better than Pakistans

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
Swervy said:
you certainly didnt teach my team (Australia) any lessons on one day cricket.

Hey..and what lessons have been taught really to England by India...that WC game was a farce under those lights...even Nehra could have got 6 wickets in those conditions....oh sorry he did :D
Damn I was thinking as I wrote that, gee I hope he's not an Australian fan, because I will look quite foolish bringing this ODI business up.

But I still say we taught you some lessons, how to lose in every way possible. Penultimate ball-sixes, giving up 359 runs twice. It's all there!

Swervy

International Captain
Lions81 said:
Damn I was thinking as I wrote that, gee I hope he's not an Australian fan, because I will look quite foolish bringing this ODI business up.

But I still say we taught you some lessons, how to lose in every way possible. Penultimate ball-sixes, giving up 359 runs twice. It's all there!
the World Cup final taught me one thing....dont listen to what many Indian fans say...I actually started to get worried before that game,and started beleiving all the Indian hype...I started to convince myself that India could actually win the game.

Then Zaheer bowled the first ball....all my worries were for nothing:D

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
Swervy said:
the World Cup final taught me one thing....dont listen to what many Indian fans say...I actually started to get worried before that game,and started beleiving all the Indian hype...I started to convince myself that India could actually win the game.

Then Zaheer bowled the first ball....all my worries were for nothing:D
When it comes to the matter of ODIs versus Australia, feel free to ignore Indians fans warnings. But the mental block we have against Australia in one-dayers is mirrored by Australia's mental block in Tests. Of the past seven played between us, India have won 3, lost 2, and drawn 2. Australia can't win in India (as will be thoroughly demonstrated come October), and Australia no longer has a mythical advantage down under. So, maybe our lessons for you are more for the 5-day game.

Swervy

International Captain
Lions81 said:
When it comes to the matter of ODIs versus Australia, feel free to ignore Indians fans warnings. But the mental block we have against Australia in one-dayers is mirrored by Australia's mental block in Tests. Of the past seven played between us, India have won 3, lost 2, and drawn 2. Australia can't win in India (as will be thoroughly demonstrated come October), and Australia no longer has a mythical advantage down under. So, maybe our lessons for you are more for the 5-day game.
hehehehe...erm no.

Australia are still a vastly better test team than India. Admittedly Australia arent the greatest players of spin in the world, but I think the 3-0 win in Sri Lanka will have taught the players alot....and admittedly Australia didnt play overly well vs India in the series just gone (and India played very well)...and with that the series was still only a draw.

If Australia play well, I expect Australia to win in India by the odd test.

Swervy

International Captain
Sehwag309 said:
Maybe start a new threas called "debate"

Plz this thread was meant for something else

its not a debate..its a bit of light hearted banter....this is what happens during the life of a thread

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
Swervy said:
its not a debate..its a bit of light hearted banter....this is what happens during the life of a thread
Yes, but I see Sehwag309's point, so I will not continue discussing the matter...until October.

Swervy said:
hehehehe...erm no.

Australia are still a vastly better test team than India. Admittedly Australia arent the greatest players of spin in the world, but I think the 3-0 win in Sri Lanka will have taught the players alot....and admittedly Australia didnt play overly well vs India in the series just gone (and India played very well)...and with that the series was still only a draw.

If Australia play well, I expect Australia to win in India by the odd test.
The series was indeed a draw BUT WAS played in Australia, the comming series will be played in India, and i have no doubt that Australia will be the losers!

Swervy

International Captain
vandemataram said:
The series was indeed a draw BUT WAS played in Australia, the comming series will be played in India, and i have no doubt that Australia will be the losers!
you have absolutely no doubt in your mind that one of the greatest teams of all time will lose in the next series?????Strange

Swervy said:
you have absolutely no doubt in your mind that one of the greatest teams of all time will lose in the next series?????Strange

That one of the greatest team didn't even win at their own backyard , isn't that strange??

The playing condition in India are still very different to the Aussies and i believe their batsmen will struggle to our spinners.Also Warne won't be able to do anything worthwhile against Indian batsmen.

And its my believe that Australian team (though still great) is showing some signs of decline!

Cloete

International Captain
Swervy said:
ok...i give up

haha i see swervy needs some support.

Just remember we had Mrtyn horribly out of form, Lehmann injured, Katich only playing a few games and Waugh in there just to give him a last send-off. Our bowling was dispicable against you lot(though the batting was sublime against it, it was still nowhere near top notch aussie bowling). This time we will have Warne, McGrath(should be fit), Gillespie, Kasprowciz(instead of an over-rated Williams or the like) and Macgill if we need him. Most of the batting is also in form as they have showed against Sri Lanka. While we may not win, I wouldn't be so ****y and overly certain India will win!

Lions81

U19 Cricketer
Cloete said:
haha i see swervy needs some support.

Just remember we had Mrtyn horribly out of form, Lehmann injured, Katich only playing a few games and Waugh in there just to give him a last send-off. Our bowling was dispicable against you lot(though the batting was sublime against it, it was still nowhere near top notch aussie bowling). This time we will have Warne, McGrath(should be fit), Gillespie, Kasprowciz(instead of an over-rated Williams or the like) and Macgill if we need him. Most of the batting is also in form as they have showed against Sri Lanka. While we may not win, I wouldn't be so ****y and overly certain India will win!
Well, I'd retort that Martyn wasn't so much out of form as we made him go out of form. I suppose Ponting was just out of form on the Australia tour of India in 2001 as opposed to Harbhajan Singh getting him out for low scores repeatedly. Katich batted very well, better than Lehmann would have in my opinion, and I don't think Waugh was in there just for a last send-off, he was most successful captain Australia's ever had!

Warne's never really done anything against India, especially in India, and I don't see MacGill doing much either. Gillespie's a good bowler, and McGrath is McGrath, but on an Indian pitch, I'd favor the Indian batsmen and bowlers over Australia. But again, let's just agree to disagree and put it off until October!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Lions81 said:
LOL - good reply!

Langeveldt

Soutie
Swervy said:
and alas I fear we see the death of the thread

I know! Why do people have to take things SOOO Seriously!!??

Anyway, I dont particularly like India or Pakistan... I prefer Pakistani supporters a bit to Indian ones, so id rather see them win...

Although the most important thing is good cricket, and by jove we are getting some of that :D

|llsToNe

Cricket Spectator
Bouncer said:
This is the problem when people try to take the high road by not getting involved in a flame war. Such proponents of idiocy take no response to mean that they're right when nothing could be further from the truth... the reality is you should create a new profile and alias to post after your antics in that thread, let alone providing a link to it in another.