• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Does Ganguly merit a place in Indian test side as a batsman alone?

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
He has just played 3 matches. Form has nothing to do with captaincy. Look at Ricky Ponting. his batting has been just as good. IF you see him get out for more low scores, what would you say? And what great thing has Ganguly done as captain? Square series against minnow teams?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hasn't anyone actually made the connection between Dravid's decision to declare with Sachin on 194* and defeat in the second test?

Tendulkar, distraught at missing out on a double century and still blaming the Flying Scotsman, comes into the Lahore test match determined that his old mate The Most Exulted And Regal Left-handedness Ganguly will be recalled as captain at the earliest opportunity.

Oh yes. There's more to this than meets the eye. Those scores of 2 and 8 were more than a coincidence - I know my ****ney rhyming slang. Yes, Indian cricket's in quite a 'two and eight' at the moment.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
How irresponsible! He's just playing for himself. That does not explain the batting failures, but the bowling, with Agarkar, would look weak.

Tony Blade

U19 Cricketer
Hasn't anyone actually made the connection between Dravid's decision to declare with Sachin on 194* and defeat in the second test?

Tendulkar, distraught at missing out on a double century and still blaming the Flying Scotsman, comes into the Lahore test match determined that his old mate The Most Exulted And Regal Left-handedness Ganguly will be recalled as captain at the earliest opportunity.

Oh yes. There's more to this than meets the eye. Those scores of 2 and 8 were more than a coincidence - I know my ****ney rhyming slang. Yes, Indian cricket's in quite a 'two and eight' at the moment.

Argh he talks in riddles