• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Young new ball bowlers

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Irfan Pathan is taking the new ball at the young age of 19..

Which have been the youngest new ball bowlers in test history? I think Kapil Dev was the last 19 year old to take the new ball for India. Younis and Akram were very young too but did any one of them bowl the first over for their country in a test?

It would be interesting to know the below 20 yar players bowling the first over for their countries..

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Can't think of when it's happened in Tests for WI, but Jerome Taylor and Chris Gayle both took the new ball in ODIs when they were 19.

bennyr

U19 12th Man
Craig McDermott would be the last Australian to do it (I think). I'm pretty sure he opened the bowling in his second test in Sydney in 84/85, aged 19.