• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Over rated Vettori?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
vic_orthdox said:
while in essence i agree, the ability for a player to perform at his best against the best (which australia have been most (??) of the times that he has played them) is one that must be regarded highly. when the challenge is put to him, he tends to meet it. unfortunately, he doesnt seem to perform as well against other nations - may well have to do with australia's long term weakness against quality finger spin - but hopefully he can carry his form that was garnered in the recent series.
Well his next series is against Australia! :)

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
rolande said:
he is way too overrated cause i can bowl a left arm doosra ,and im right handed by birth says my writing and throwing cause i cant throw the ball 15 yards over arm left handed .i can also bowl chinamans and the wrongun, the arm ball is a bit too overrarted no there not the same ball the topspinner has forward spin the arm ball backspin, murali says he cant bowl a back spinner properly yet but hes lying too get out of trouble for bowling doosras
I bat left handed, but I'm right handed (writing, bowling, throwing).

It isn't that uncommon to be ambidextrous.

tooextracool

International Coach
marc71178 said:
Actually, Giles bowled well in the one game he got on our last tour - but then he got injured in the nets and out of the series!
well he also played 1 game in the 01 ashes where he got hammered. the same game in which mark butcher miraculously got 4/42

cric_manic

First Class Debutant
there is no way vettori is overated i would say he is underated he will get better and become the greatest left arm spinner in the world

he was the worlds best SLA until giles took A wicket, but in saying that he has more talent than giles as a spinner and a all-round cricketer

he is going through a rough patch but will soon be back to his best,he bowled well agaisnt australia and in england.but needs some support from nz pitches

JC_088

Cricket Spectator
Well he does seem to be coming back to his best, but i do fear that the pitches here in NZ favour seamers and was one of the main factors in vettori being so out of touch last summer as he never got to bowl.