• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Greatest Ever West Indies Bowler?

Who is the Greatest Ever West Indies Bowler?

• MA Holding

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • AME Roberts

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • J Garner

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • MD Marshall

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • CA Walsh

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • CEL Ambrose

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • LR Gibbs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WW Hall

• IR Bishop

• AL Valentine

• CEH Croft

• BP Patterson

• KD Boyce

• S Ramadhin

• CC Griffith

• Other

• Total voters

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
In my other poll, Sobers is leading comfortably in regards to who is the greatest ever West Indies cricketer.

Now who do all you think is the greatest ever West Indies bowler?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
For me it just had to be Mikey - an absolutely fantastic bowler and a Derbyshire man to boot.

Can we have a poll so I can vote for Lawrence Rowe too?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Marshall is arguably the greatest fast bowler ever and hence I consider him to be the greatest West Indian bowler as well.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
I'm with Anil in voting, but obviously none of them are fit to wash Harmo or AA's boots ;)
Oh absolutely! They are both beyond mere polls, in that zone where no ordinary mortals dare trespass...:lol: :lol: :lol:

royGilchrist

State 12th Man
Its amazing how many great fast bowlers WI have produced, Holding, Roberts, Garner, Ambrose, Hall, Marshall are all number one in my opinion, very difficult to choose between them. Even bowlers like Croft, Clark, Walsh are pretty damn good.

iamdavid

International Debutant
For me its Curtley mon.
Just gets it over Malcom Marshall , I really cant split those two but I saw more of Ambrose so I'll go with him.

Swervy

International Captain
no doubt in my mind that Marshall was the best WI's bowler...and by quite a margin as far as I am concerned

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Marshall, then (in no particular order) Ambrose, Roberts, Holding Garner, Croft (under-rated IMO), Hall, Griffith, Walsh.

Craig

World Traveller
Adam Sandford hands down for me.

(I did well to keep a straight face typing it for me)

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
Craig said:
Adam Sandford hands down for me.

(I did well to keep a straight face typing it for me)
Adam Sanford

Test Bowling - 11 matches

30 wickets@ 43.86, SR: 73.9

ODI Bowling - 0 matches

:laugh: one of the best bowlers the West Indies have produced :laugh:

hourn

U19 Cricketer
Malcolm Marshall for mine is the best bowler ever from any country, so therefore takes the title for best Windian bowler.

As for who is second best, you're not losing much whether you choose Holding, Garner, Ambrose, Roberts, Hall or Walsh......

I'd probably take Garner for his pure consistency. (Never failed to wicket in a test match and from memory only had a dozen or so where he failed to take 3).