• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Two Thousand and Twenty Two Test side

Howe_zat

Audio File
I hope it's something like

1. Lawrence
2. Hameed
3. Root
4. Livingstone
5. Bairstow
6. Stokes
7. Buttler
8. Woakes
9. Curran
10. Broad
11. Crane

But we all know the spinner will be some opening batsman who took up off spin aged 26 the year prior and the number 4 will be whoever's currently doing well for Ireland and/or SA under 19s

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
KL Rahul
I Kishan/S Samson/S Iyer/P Shaw
C Pujara
V Kohli
A Rahane
R Pant
R Ashwin
R Jadeja
M Shami
B Kumar
U Yadav

Last edited:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I hope it's something like

1. Lawrence
2. Hameed
3. Root
4. Livingstone
5. Bairstow
6. Stokes
7. Buttler
8. Woakes
9. Curran
10. Broad
11. Crane

But we all know the spinner will be some opening batsman who took up off spin aged 26 the year prior and the number 4 will be whoever's currently doing well for Ireland and/or SA under 19s
Bit of a reach to expect Broad to play at that point.

Curran is Sam yeah?

morgieb

Add Strauss, Mohammad Yousuf, Sehwag, Trott and Bell to that.
Forgot about Sehwag. Though tbf in his last Test he was older than what Pujara/Rahane/Kohli would be. MoYo was 36 when he played his last Test.

Not sure that the three Englishmen count as genuinely top-class. Invariably though I find English cricketers have shorter careers than other countries, perhaps because they play so much.

Of course if one of them has some kind of ongoing injury record, that changes things.

flibbertyjibber

Cook
Hameed
Root
Clarke
Livingstone
Stokes
Foakes
Archer
Curran S
Fisher
Crane

Cook will be hanging on trying to beat Tendulkar's run record. Stokes may well be a busted flush by then given how much we play and his injury record. Bowling is a complete guess as I don't see any of the current side still being around in 5 years time. We have lots of good young players just not sure I have picked the right ones in my side.

Last edited:

Gob

International Coach
Cook
Hameed
Root
Clarke
Livingstone
Stokes
Foakes
Archer
Curran S
Fisher
Crane

Cook will be hanging on trying to beat Tendulkar's run record. Stokes may well be a busted flush by then given how much we play and his injury record. Bowling is a complete guess as I don't see any of the current side still being around in 5 years time. We have lots of good young players just not sure I have picked the right ones in my side.
wait i had something for this

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cook
Jennings
Hameed
Root
Lawrence
Bairstow
Stokes
Archer
Cove
S Curran

I'd pick Kyle Abbott if I knew the eligibility rules.
Umm a spinner, I guess Crane, but could be anyone.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jennings
Hameed
Root
Lawrence
Clarke
Stokes
Bairstow
S. Curran
C. Overton
Crane
Wheal

Wheal pretty much just Hampshire bias, the bowling really is anyone's guess.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
M.Renshaw
M.Harris
H.Cartright
P.Handscomb
K.Patterson
S.Smith
A.Carey +
J.Pattinson
P.Cummins
J.Hazelwood
J.Holland

C.Sayers
J.Lehmann

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Rahul
Iyer
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Rohit
Pant
Ashwin
Jadeja
Bhuvi
Yadav

Shami and Ishant might not last long. Iyer and Pant will get into the team while the rest remain the same but with powers on the wane.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Hameed
Gubbins
Clarke/Borthwick/Northeast
Root
Lawrence
Stokes
Bairstow/Foakes (Too tough to call)
C Overton
T Curran
No Idea