• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South African Domestic Season 2017/18

SeamUp

International Coach
Franchise debuts for Migael Pretorius & Corbin Bosch. Pity not for Breetzke.

Last round had Verreynne & Sipamla.

SeamUp

International Coach
Looks like Cobras getting away with claiming black lineage with Lizaad Williams ? Must be recently found evidence.

Also Phangiso has to play over Fortuin who was recently selected for SA A.

It makes a mockery of a system.

Dendarii

International Debutant
Looks like Cobras getting away with claiming black lineage with Lizaad Williams ? Must be recently found evidence.
Maybe he failed the pencil test.

Where it gets a little silly for the Cobras is that they're only playing three white players (and I'm pretty sure that I remember teams in the past with even fewer than that). So they're doing an admirable job of selecting non-white players, so they're achieving the basic goal of quotas, but they struggle to select the right type of non-white players.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
Franchise debuts for Migael Pretorius & Corbin Bosch. Pity not for Breetzke.

Last round had Verreynne & Sipamla.
Also a debut for fast-bowler Ottneil Baartman for the Knights. New signing from SWD. Theunis de Bruyn released to captain the Knights in Durban.

Quite looking forward to seeing how Pretorius and Bosch go for the Titans later. Hope they tear into the Lions batting line-up. Really want Rickelton and Ackerman in that team.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I assume there was rain in Durban yesterday? I note that it is the old guard doing it for the Titans. And my Warriors punching above their weight again, even if it is against the Cobras bowling attack...

SeamUp

International Coach
I assume there was rain in Durban yesterday? I note that it is the old guard doing it for the Titans. And my Warriors punching above their weight again, even if it is against the Cobras bowling attack...
Yeah. Whole day rained out.

I may be wrong, but even if the game started he would have been allowed to replace a starting player ?

The Titans do that well. They know they have lots of test internationals so guys like Kuhn, Davids, Behardien, A.Morkel vital bringing the younger players on.

I must say I thought the Warriors could be dangerous this season. Nortje/Sipamla are good additions to the attack with Magala/Birch. Sure, you missing the Kolpak players but Eddie Moore was part of the CSA HP in the winter and was threatening to do this last season.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah. Whole day rained out.

I may be wrong, but even if the game started he would have been allowed to replace a starting player ?

The Titans do that well. They know they have lots of test internationals so guys like Kuhn, Davids, Behardien, A.Morkel vital bringing the younger players on.

I must say I thought the Warriors could be dangerous this season. Nortje/Sipamla are good additions to the attack with Magala/Birch. Sure, you missing the Kolpak players but Eddie Moore was part of the CSA HP in the winter and was threatening to do this last season.
Yeah... being a bit hard on my Warriors team, but they never seem to maintain performance, always middle of the road with a few good performances. All the guys you mention though are good.... but will they be great? I some how doubt it, hopefully they prove me wrong.

SeamUp

International Coach
Yeah... being a bit hard on my Warriors team, but they never seem to maintain performance, always middle of the road with a few good performances. All the guys you mention though are good.... but will they be great? I some how doubt it, hopefully they prove me wrong.
Know what you mean. Need to find another G & P Pollock level or even Schultz. Suppose you paying the price for taking Kemp, McEwan, Greig & Watson from Border :D

Parnell was meant to be that guy. Hopefully Breetzke is.

You think back to other decent players like Amm, Rushmere, Callaghan, Hayward, Ngam and you probably have to think if Ingram, Ackermann & co are even at their level which I don't think they are.

SeamUp

International Coach
Good question. No idea what is happening.

I see the injured Morris is with the Proteas here in Potch.

SeamUp

International Coach
Just asked Lungani Zama and it looks like Dupav is a back stress fracture like Lungi Ngidi. These 2 need some luck.