• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South African Domestic Season 2017/18

Stefan9

International Debutant
Did qdk or kg need to learn their trade... pick markram he won't make much less runs then cook/Kuhn and he will around for 10+ years.

SeamUp

International Coach
Watched a bit of the Africa T20 - WP vs SWD

Pity no Verreynne but still Smith, Adams, Galiem, Cohen for WP + Linde & Paterson for SWD

Atrocious pitch at Benoni as usual. Don't know how exciting T20 cricket can be played on that turd.

WP lost first 2 games which is poor for a major union. First time I saw Cohen bowl. Looks handy. Skiddy left-armer. Be nice if he can shape the red ball in.

brockley

International Captain
Note that their is a Mathew Breetzke playing for Lancashire 2nds atm.
1 Is he in the Saffie under 19 squad now?
2 Is he any good?
3 Is he on a contract?

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Note that their is a Mathew Breetzke playing for Lancashire 2nds atm.
1 Is he in the Saffie under 19 squad now?
2 Is he any good?
3 Is he on a contract?
(1), Yes, (2), Yes... scored good runs for Grey High School, same school as Graeme and Peter Pollock, (3) Don`t know... probably not.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Didn't he break some record at the school that Pollock himself had set?
I think he scored the most runs ever for Grey.... over 5000 or something as a schoolboy. Difficult to know what that means other than he is very good and lots of potential.

Marius

International Debutant
I think he scored the most runs ever for Grey.... over 5000 or something as a schoolboy. Difficult to know what that means other than he is very good and lots of potential.
I doubt I've scored 500 runs in my 20 years of playing the game so colour me impressed.

Marius

International Debutant
I doubt I've scored 500 runs in my 20 years of playing the game so colour me impressed.

brockley

International Captain
If he is such a prospect why is he playing at Lancashire.
2nd did he miss the Global T20 auction,and if so why?

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
If he is such a prospect why is he playing at Lancashire.
2nd did he miss the Global T20 auction,and if so why?
I don`t know his personal reasons... and he may just not have put himself up for the T20. Maybe he has British passport and wants to stay, maybe he is just looking for experience. It would be sad if we lost him, but nothing unusual nowadays.

Marius

International Debutant
Guy in my cricket club sat next to Devon Conway on a plane recently. Apparently Conway is off to NZ to play for Wellington.

SeamUp

International Coach
Guy in my cricket club sat next to Devon Conway on a plane recently. Apparently Conway is off to NZ to play for Wellington.
He looks so good and absolutely killed it for Gauteng. Not sure why it hasn't worked out for him in SA.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
For some of these guys, it is more than just the cricket... even with the restrictions they may actually make franchise teams and get contracts, but that does not mean they want to stay in good old RSA....

SeamUp

International Coach
On the Breetzke thing. He is in the EP squad for 2nd round of fixtures in Africa Cup.

Hopefully it is better than last weekend. In all honesty it was pathetic and Namibia won well.

WP : Aviwe Mgijima, Qaasim Adams (c), Jason Smith, Dayyaan Galiem all contracted to Cobras & young fast-bowler Michael Cohen
SWD : George Linde & Dane Paterson who are contracted to Cobras
Easterns : Grant Thomson who is contracted to Titans.

This weekend you could arguably say it is the strongest 4 provinces with possibly KZN pushing.

EASTERN PROVINCE

Edward Moore
Matthew Breetzke
David White
Matthew Christensen
Clyde Fortuin (wk)

Kelly Smuts
Onke Nyaku

Brad Dolley
Jade de Klerk

Sisanda Magala
Anrich Nortje
Tladi Bokako
Solo Nqweni

GAUTENG

Ryan Rickelton
Stephen Cook
Yasser Cook
Shaylen Pillay
Mangaliso Mosehle (wk)
Farhaan Sayanvala
Delano Potgieter
Tshepang Dithole

Aaron Phangiso
Zaid Saloojee

Matt McGillivray
Nandre Burger
Nono Pongolo

NORTH WEST (No vd Dussen/vd Bergh this year)

Janneman Malan
Andre Malan
Marques Ackerman
Wihan Lubbe
Bjorn Fortuin
Aya Myoli
Craig Alexander

NORTHERNS

Andrea Agathangelou
Rubin Hermann
Lerato Kgoatle
Tony de Zorzi
Rivaldo Moonsamy
Jiveshan Pillay

Thomas Kaber (c)
Ruben Claasen
Gregory Mahlokwana

Migael Pretorius
Corbin Bosch (Back in SA)
Roger Arendse
Luvuyo Nkese

Last edited:

Marius

International Debutant
On the Breetzke thing. He is in the EP squad for 2nd round of fixtures in Africa Cup.

Hopefully it is better than last weekend. In all honesty it was pathetic and Namibia won well.

WP : Aviwe Mgijima, Qaasim Adams (c), Jason Smith, Dayyaan Galiem all contracted to Cobras & young fast-bowler Michael Cohen
SWD : George Linde & Dane Paterson who are contracted to Cobras
Easterns : Grant Thomson who is contracted to Titans.

This weekend you could arguably say it is the strongest 4 provinces with possibly KZN pushing.

EASTERN PROVINCE

Edward Moore
Matthew Breetzke
David White
Matthew Christensen
Clyde Fortuin (wk)

Kelly Smuts
Onke Nyaku

Brad Dolley
Jade de Klerk

Sisanda Magala
Anrich Nortje
Tladi Bokako
Solo Nqweni

GAUTENG

Ryan Rickelton
Stephen Cook
Yasser Cook
Shaylen Pillay
Mangaliso Mosehle (wk)
Farhaan Sayanvala
Delano Potgieter
Tshepang Dithole

Aaron Phangiso
Zaid Saloojee

Matt McGillivray
Nandre Burger
Nono Pongolo

NORTH WEST (No vd Dussen/vd Bergh this year)

Janneman Malan
Andre Malan
Marques Ackerman
Wihan Lubbe
Bjorn Fortuin
Aya Myoli
Craig Alexander

NORTHERNS

Andrea Agathangelou
Rubin Hermann
Lerato Kgoatle
Tony de Zorzi
Rivaldo Moonsamy
Jiveshan Pillay

Thomas Kaber (c)
Ruben Claasen
Gregory Mahlokwana

Migael Pretorius
Corbin Bosch (Back in SA)
Roger Arendse
Luvuyo Nkese
What happened? I thought he was going to try crack it in Aus?

Marius

International Debutant
Not sure. For whatever reason it looks like he is back.

His brother got a Dolphins contract out of school.
What's his name?

And Tertius is their old man right?

EDIT: Did they ever determine whether Tertius was poisoned?

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
What's his name?

And Tertius is their old man right?

EDIT: Did they ever determine whether Tertius was poisoned?
Eathan.

Don't think they could ever prove anything. There was that Carte Blance episode.

Not even sure if the boys could stay with their mother. Because Corbin went to Pretoria Boys whilst Eathan went to Hilton.