• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South African Domestic Season 2017/18

SeamUp

International Coach
Well done Windie Weathers. You look to have some more exciting talent but needs to be harnassed well from this point.

Not sure why 1 of our 2 top batsman and captain didn't bat 3 and batted so far down the order. Then whilst they believe George Coetzee can bat, they send him 3 when he has been batting 8.

The talent is there. There are good individuals but the results have been pathetic since Ray Jennings got sacked after winning the WC in 2014.
Found out Raynard van Tonder broke his finger and still came out to bat down the order.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Well done Windie Weathers. You look to have some more exciting talent but needs to be harnassed well from this point.

Not sure why 1 of our 2 top batsman and captain didn't bat 3 and batted so far down the order. Then whilst they believe George Coetzee can bat, they send him 3 when he has been batting 8.

The talent is there. There are good individuals but the results have been pathetic since Ray Jennings got sacked after winning the WC in 2014.
Yeah cheers. We've always had talent tbh. The problem is u23 competition to nurture them once they leave the u19 level, so many are left on the sidelines, waiting for their first class debut and it hampers their development in a big way. Of course, some of the youngsters come through quickly such as Joseph, Hetmyer, Brathwaite back in the day etc. But we desperately need an u23 competition now to help take our youth development to the next level. For sure though winning the world cup has really lifted our youngsters around the region and I hope they'll do well in the next one next year aswell.

Found out Raynard van Tonder broke his finger and still came out to bat down the order.
Wow, well done to the young man for still coming out to bat. I think this issue played a role in the loss because if he'd come in earlier SA would have had a much better chance of getting over the line.

All in all our u19 coach Graham West is really looking like a rockstar at the moment. To win a world cup and then win an away series is very impressive. Was fearful that England would come and nick him after the world cup but thankfully Graham seems to like it in the Caribbean so we might just keep hold of him for now :D .

SeamUp

International Coach
Is Ngidi still injured or just not playing?
Not sure.

All I know is, I am excited about him and Dupavillon this season. Hopefully they get full seasons in and they lead the SA 'A' attack. With reference to your point on SA selection.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
Also hoping the Africa T20 Cup includes guys like them to build up into season after injuries because I just want too watch them bowl.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure.

All I know is, I am excited about him and Dupavillon this season. Hopefully they get full seasons in and they lead the SA 'A' attack. With reference to your point on SA selection.
Yes, Ngidid and Dupavillion are our next potential generation... I really really hope they do well. Need to get as much cricket under their belt as possible.

Heboric

International Debutant
Wow talk about crazy cricket, India A 10/2, this includes a six and a run out on the first ball of the innings.