• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Oh death in life the days that are no more.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Not a particularly original idea but historical resurrections are topical and it's windy outside.

So if you could resurrect one batsman from the past to play one more innings who would it be?

Three rules.

1. They must be dead and not just retired.
2. You can't choose someone that has already been chosen by someone else.
3. No Bradman as he's not dead, only resting his eyes.

bagapath

International Captain
Victor Trumper. Must be fun to watch him dig out a yorker and deposit it over square leg.

Kirkut

International Regular
CK Nayudu was renowned for his strength, would have loved to watch him hitting sixes again today.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Awwww, does it have to be a batsmen??

There is only one dead cricketer that I would really offer up a kidney to see today but he's a bowler.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Awwww, does it have to be a batsmen??

There is only one dead cricketer that I would really offer up a kidney to see today but he's a bowler.
If anyone wants to see a bowler, or indeed Elvis Presley in concert or Fanny Craddock cook one last meal, go for it.

Only condition is that ***** must like it within 24 hours or it becomes infractable.

Bijed

International Regular
If anyone wants to see a bowler, or indeed Elvis Presley in concert or Fanny Craddock cook one last meal, go for it.

Only condition is that ***** must like it within 24 hours or it becomes infractable.
Might as well have just said 'Yeah, name anyone you like'

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year

OK I got this......I wanna see Harold Larwood come back for one last hurrah, and knock Steve ****ing Smiths head off.

***** - if you don't like this....you're dead to me.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not a particularly original idea but historical resurrections are topical and it's windy outside.

So if you could resurrect one batsman from the past to play one more innings who would it be?

Three rules.

1. They must be dead and not just retired.
2. You can't choose someone that has already been chosen by someone else.
3. No Bradman as he's not dead, only resting his eyes.
Wally Hammond

Who's your choice LT?

Shady Slim

International Coach
Batsman - The real OG, WG Grace
this answer is objectively right bc you'd get more than one innings out of the good doctor

"that chap from the cricket website brought me back to bat, not to get given out, so put the bails back on and let me resume"

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
A depressing answer but I'll go Phil Hughes.

I didn't love or even really like his technique and was frustrated with his record. But I always had (like many others I'm sure) this big expectation that one day it would all click for him. So I would like to watch him bat one more time where I just appreciated his game for what it was.